Chapter 2

I sighed and got my bag and went to math class. I sat at the back of the class. 10 minutes after the lesson started someone walked in. It was the guy from before.
Teacher: Oh you must be Mr.Besson, take a seat on any empty chair you can find.
He slowly walked to the one next to me. I heard people laughing quietly and pointing at him. I looked at him and noticed that he was crying. I put my hand on his.
Daniel: People are jerks here Besson, I'm sorry it's just how they are. My heart ached when he squeezed my hand.
Daniel: Shh calm down it's gonna be ok.
I went back to solving for about 5 minutes before the blue eyed boy poked my shoulder. I looked at him and he showed me his paper. He pointed to the top corner, there was only one word "Corbyn".
Daniel: Corbyn is your name?
He nodded.
Daniel: Well Corbyn, my name is Daniel.
I smiled at him and he returned one back. But his smile turned into a frown when the bell rang. He took his bag and ran out of class. Why was he so scared of people?
I packed my stuff and started walking to the gates. I go home walking since it's only 4 blocks away. While walking I felt someone passing me almost knocking me out. It was Corbyn. He ran very fast but I managed to keep up with him.
I put my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath.
Daniel: Do you go home walking as well?
He shrugged.
Daniel: I go home walking because my dad is at work, he's the sheriff of this town so he's always late. I kept rambling on.
Daniel: Sorry I know I'm annoying it's just that I have no one to talk to other than my father, he's all I got after my mother left us. He smiled at me but when I looked at him he brushed it away.
Daniel: You think I can't see you smiling.
He just shrugged.
Daniel: Stop shrugging.
He smiled at me.
Daniel: There you go.
We stopped at his house. I was gonna walk off but he pulled my arm.
Daniel: You want me to come with you?
He nodded his head.
We got inside. Then a women came to us.
?: Ughh you're home.
Mm rude much? She was also drunk.
?: So tell me you little p*ssy, you cried again didn't you?
Corbyn ran up to his room.
?: You, leave my son alone.
I sighed leaving the house and going to my own.
When I got in I saw my dad, that's weird.
Daniel: Hey dad you're early.
Dad: Yeah I got off work, where were you?
Daniel: I was with someone.
Dad: Aww Dani I'm so glad you found a friend.
I smiled at him.
Daniel: Yeah his name is Corbyn Besson.
Dad: Ohh, he doesn't speak doesn't he?
Daniel: N-no, how did you know?
Dad: His father is in jail for murder.