Sweet Serial Killer || Chapter Two

(Vivienne's POV)

Outside of town, halfway to the motel, James pulls into a wooded turnoff, a crappy gravel road that seems to be hardly used. I hear the doors lock and my heart sinks lower than Hell's level.

"What are...

He puts his hand on my thigh making me freeze, I can't move, speak, anything. I feel like a granite statue. He slowly moves it further up, under my dress, all the way to the top of my thigh.

"No, please," tears roll down my cheeks, "Please, don't," I beg, my voice barely audible. 

"You know you want it, Princess."

He starts to undo his pants. I do the only thing I can think of, I kick him, right where it counts. 

"You bitch," he screams out as I scramble to get to the back seat. It isn't really any better, but it is literally the only place I have to go. He grabs my hair and I swing wildly hitting him a couple times.

He climbs over the seat and gets on top me, he holds my hands with one hand and he hits me with the other.

I am not letting this happen to me again. Think fast, Vivienne. I lay very still after he hits me a few times, I act like I'm incoherent and he releases my hands, he now uses his hands to tear at the dress, ripping it. He uses his other to pry my legs apart.

Quickly I reach down and grab the four-inch knife I have tucked in a leg holder. I'm just lucky he was groping the opposite leg and he didn't find the only defense I have left.

Just as he realizes what I have in my hand I plunge the knife into the side of his neck. He makes a gurgling sound as blood shoots onto the back of the seats. I stare wide eyes at him as he grabs at his neck wound.

Memories of my dad, the dark, silent, musty room, and the things he did to me in that room flood my mind. And I plunge the knife into him multiple times screaming 'you son of a bitch' over and over again. "I hate you, Die. Die. Die. You pig." The last blow I deliver with the knife was to his crouch, he had long since stopped breathing but I couldn't control myself, I must have stabbed him two dozen times.

I sit back. Looking at his dead bloody body seems unreal now that it's over, it's almost like I dream I had no control, I was just there for the ride. And now that the ride is over it doesn't feel like it can actually be real, it doesn't feel like it happened. 

I just feel numb, emotionless. It was as if all my emotions drained out with this bastard's blood.

What am I going to do now? I sit in the blood splattered vehicle while I think. I hop into the driver's seat and park the car off of the road. Even if the road did appear to be used very little, I didn't think it was worth the risk of him being found, so I leave the car hidden in the woods.

I must be quite a horrific sight walking down the street a blood-soaked mess with a tattered dress that is barely covering me. I keep an eye out for cars. I haven't seen any, but if I do, I'll duck into the woods. 

I just need to get to the Motel.

My head feels as if a damn riot broke out in it, the pounding feeling of pain ran all the way down my neck. No doubt due to that asshole's assault. Part of me wants to curl up and cry right there on the side of the road, another part of me wants to kill the next ten people I see just for the hell of it and because I'm so pissed, and yet another part, the most rational part, tells me I need to get Norman because he'll help me.

I curse myself mentally for being so eager to get a ride from anyone. I should have said no when he paused before he gave me his 'name'. I should have known he was lying to me right away. 

It seems to take a century before I finally see the large sign that says BATES MOTEL in bright blue neon letters.

I make my way up the ten million fucking steps, this only takes two lifetimes. I'm thoroughly exhausted after all that's happened.

"Norman," I bang on the door, "Norman, please, I need help."

I lean up against the door, when he opens it I fall into him. He helps steady me, "Vivienne," he sounds utterly shocked, "What happened to you? Is this your blood?" Panic coats his tone. "We need to get you to the...

"No!" I scream. "No hospital." He's aghast at my behavior, a million questions filling his eyes, "It's not my blood. This asshole was giving me a ride and he tried...He tried to rape me, Norman, and I...I k...

My voice trails off, but it doesn't matter, he finishes it, "And you killed him."

I was struck by how matter of fact his tone sounds. 

He looks at me, "You need a bath. And I need to think."

~~~⊰♥⊱~~~

(Norman's POV)

After taking Vivienne another dress, I left her to get her bath in peace. Making my way down the steps I see Mother standing at the bottom of the steps, a mischievous look playing across her face.

'Well if this isn't some deja vu level shit,' she snorts.

"Mother," I say slightly annoyed.

'What, it's a lot like what happened with Keith Summers. You remember that, don't you?'

"Of course I remember it," I snap angrily.

'No need to bite my head off Norman. What's got into you?'

"Sorry, Mother," I reply softly.

I start to go past her, she grabs my arm.

'This is only going to lead to trouble. And once again, I'll have to fix everything.'

"Let me handle this," I say sternly, pulling away from her.

'What do you know, Norman? I'll tell you, not shit. I should...

"No," I say angrily, "I will take care of this. Me, mother, not you."

She huffs.

"And I know one thing, you're supposed to be dead so you better hide and not let her see you."

'Fine, you want to be a man. You want to handle this on your own. Fine,' she says rage in her voice, 'But don't you dare say I didn't warn you and when this blows up in your face, don't expect me to clean up the shitstorm left behind.'

With that, she storms off to the basement.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair, if this keeps up, we're going to need more bleach.

And this is going to be a long night.

~~~⊰♥⊱~~~

Written|| 5/23/18
Published || 5/24/18
Count || 1159 words, 5773 characters

~~~⊰♥⊱~~~

Author's Note;

How was it? Did you like it? Did you dislike it? 

I would love any feedback, good or bad, it would be greatly appreciated.

~XO, Hayley