Chapter 10: Training

As Hanako is slowly putting on her shoes, Kichiro and Eiji gathered all the training equipment they are going to use. Itachi and Kisame had already left early that morning to go for one of their Akatsuki meetings, obviously not telling them where leaving the 3 of them to their own devices.

They all walk in silence to a small open field at the back of the house whether Kichiro quickly set up the metal bars into the ground while Hanako secretly made traps everywhere. Eiji did a quick check in the surrounding area for unwanted visitors but also to get away from Hanako a bit.

As Eiji returns, Hanako was placing all their stuff into one corner of the field and Kichiro had just started to do a bit of stretching. Kichiro looks at the 2 who were awkwardly standing and looking in opposite directions.

"So, are we really not going to talk for the rest of the day?" Kichiro says looking at the 2 of them who both turn to look at Kichiro at the same time which was creepy.

Hanako just shrugged and look at Eiji who didn't want to look at her. For the past few days, Eiji has sort of been a bit distant because of the amount of time Hanako and Itachi had been spending together. It wasn't like Eiji and Kichiro didn't realise what Kisame was trying to do to both of them.

"Let's just start already, we are already out of practice by how long we have been staying in that goddamn house and eating whatever Kisame cooks for us," Eiji says stretching.

"True, I do think I have gained a couple of pounds from all his cooking," Kichiro says smiling causing Eiji and Hanako to snicker.

"Now that you 2 are in some sort of agreement, how about I start the session first?" Kichiro says before leaping off the ground, doing a backflip before landing on one of the metal poles.

Eiji and Hanako already start to move in opposite directions when a metal pole breaks out from the ground exactly where they were standing not moments ago. Hanako quickly made it outside the field after manoeuvring a couple of the surprise attacks from the poles Kichiro sent and hid behind a tree.

Unlike Hanako, Eiji found himself trapped in a metal cage as Kichiro joins the 4 metal poles with metal cobwebs that you can't slice with a kunai. Hanako watches as Eiji quickly jumps out, only for a metal pole to hit him in the face. Kichiro put on a huge grin as his brother groans in pain.

Hanako silently shakes her head before changing her hiding spot which luckily she did because a couple minutes later, a metal pole shot out of the ground.

"Mist follower Jitsu" Hanako whispers before several clones that look like she came out from the forest.

Eiji's eyes widen as he quickly gets up from the ground and ran to the forest. Kichiro shot some poles at them but that caused them to multiply instead, he curses under his breath. He quickly changes some of the poles to form a curved wall around him making it hard for the clones to get to him.

However, one of the clones manages to come up behind him and wrap its arms around his neck cutting his oxygen supply. Kichiro stabs it with a pole but many more appeared that eventually, Kichiro taps out causing all the clones to disappear and the metal wall.

Kichiro look up to see Hanako looking down at him with her notebook in hand.

"That was a D rank jutsu, Kichiro. You got to do better than that." It says.

"Last time I check, any jutsu you do is not a D rank jutsu." Kichiro puffs out, giving a pout to Hanako who rolls her eyes.

"I guess it's my turn then," Eiji says moving to the middle of the field.

Hanako quickly prepares for Eiji's mental attack where else Kichiro laid on the ground getting ready to sleep. Eiji kicks Kichiro in the face causing him to moan.

"Why are you both so grumpy today? Did Kisame put a fish in your beds again? Ouch! My beautiful face!" Kichiro cries out as Eiji continue to kick him causing Hanako smiles a bit at the both of them.

"Oh look Hanako is smiling at you!" Kichiro shouts to Eiji who stops and looks up at Hanako.

Hanako looks at Eiji and gives him a big wide smile causing him to blush red. She wanted to cheer him up a bit, after all, she had been spending too much time with Itachi. Kichiro takes that special moment to escape Eiji's grip causing Eiji to run after him.

"Do not take your embarrassment out on me! Hanako, stop him!" Kichiro screams running around the field in the circle.

Hanako slaps her palm against her forehead. They did S rank missions before and now Kichiro and Eiji are running around a field like lovesick chickens. Eventually, Hanako took her notebook and as they both are about to pass her by, she whacks them with the book.

They both fall down and rub their heads. Hanako watches the 2 brothers on the floor before she senses there is something approaching them. She quickly turns and gets her kunai out.

They watch as 2 figures approach them. It is Itachi and Kisame but they had a solemn expression on their face. Kichiro and Eiji immediately go on high alert from their appearance and Hanako stand before them.

"Did something happen?" Eiji asks staring at the 2 old geezers.

Kisame stares at Eiji before giving a look to Itachi who still remained quiet. Itachi sits down before them causing Hanako and Kisame to sit as well. They all patiently watch Itachi before Itachi opens his mouth to speak.

"Do you want to join the Akatsuki?"