Chapter 11: Takamaru (Present)

It is a beautiful morning in Hidden Leaf village, the most peaceful it has ever been for a quite a long time. The jounins in the communication tower were spending their morning peacefully sorting the messages that came in yesterday night and feeding all the birds.

Suddenly a bird lands on the landing area, a jounin slowly approaches it with a smile.

"Hello, where did you come from so early in the morning?" The bird side glances the jounin before looking away.

"Oh! It's Takamaru, the fastest carrier bird the Hidden Sands got!" The bird silently rolls its eyes as everyone gasps.

The jounin quickly takes the messenger bag off Takamaru's back, much to the bird's relief. He proceeded to unseal the bag and take out the scroll as all the other jounin in the tower decide to surround him.

"Oh no! It's a level 1 emergency dispatch! Go send word to the decipher core at once." The jounin says in a manly voice, as one of them quickly calls the cypher core.

Meanwhile, somewhere else in the building, Naruto, Kakashi and Sakura were comfortably walking together in the hallway. Naruto thought about what their next mission was going to be while Kakashi was wondering when he can get back home to read his new book.

"Oh man! It'll be so good to be on a real mission again!" Naruto exclaims while he stretches his arms.

"Listen, whatever mission we get, just take and don't complain about it," Sakura says giving Naruto a stern look from the side.

"Don't sweat it! Those days are over." Naruto winks at Sakura.

"I hope so," Kakashi says sighing as Sakura gives a little chuckle.

"OUT OF THE WAY! OUT OF THE WAY!" A female jounin quickly runs through them down the hallway to the cypher core.

"What was that?" Sakura says with a confused expression where else Kakashi sensei wondered if the bird he saw before is Takamaru.

"HEY! WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!" Naruto shouts back giving a nasty look in her direction before turning back

At the communication's tower, the lady finally arrives while panting for air.

"I heard there is a level 1 emergency dispatch. Are you absolutely sure?" The cypher core jounin says as Takamaru sinks his whole head into his water bowl.

"Yes! See for yourself!" The jounin replies as they point to the scroll on the empty desk.

"From the hidden sand huh?" She says as she silently scans the scroll, bubbles started to form in Takamaru's water bowl.

"Release!" She opens the scroll in front of the jounins there.

"The fact that they send this to us must mean that they are in serious trouble." A male jounin say as even more bubbles start to form.