22. phone call!

INCOMING CALL FROM "NEEDY" ...

BRAM:  hey tom, i just read the texts i sent you last night and oh my god.

TOM:  [ laughs ] yeah, it was kinda entertaining though.

BRAM:  i turn into a talking shit post when i get tipsy and i'm honestly so sorry you had to read all that.

TOM:  all of it?

BRAM:  well, i mean most of it i guess. i'm honestly not... sure?

TOM:  [ draws in a breath ] so, uh, about that one text you sent. you know, that one.

BRAM:  [ clears throat ] yeah... that.

TOM:  did you mean it? like, do you really feel that way [ nervous chuckles ] about me?

BRAM:  i did. [ pause ] well, i mean i still do- fuck i don't know. we're friends now so that kinda changes things.

TOM:  how so?

BRAM:  it's easier to write thirst tweets if you don't actually know someone. plus, you're straight and i know you're off li-

TOM:  bram?

BRAM:  [ inhale ] yeah?

TOM:  i don't mean to be a dick and interrupt you but i guess now's as good a time as ever [ clears throat ] but, uh, i'm bisexual. i always have been, so that's why i wanted you to call...

BRAM:  [ exhale ] oh my god, well tom's that's great, i mean, in a "i'm glad you told me about it" way.

TOM:  i figured since i came out to the homecoming cast, i should tell you too. but, i'm not super open about it, not because i'm ashamed i just-

BRAM:  no, i totally get it. i came out back in high school but that was before i was famous so i guess... it was easier? people didn't report about my every move or dissect my life?

TOM:  i just feel like once i come out to the whole world, everything will change. like, in a way, i won't be the same me to everyone. [ sigh ] i don't know.

BRAM:  change is good. and you'll still be you, you know? if anyone has a problem they can come to my dms and i'll fight them.

TOM:  [ laughs ] sure.

BRAM:  i'm serious thomas, you're my man and i'll fight all the internet homophobes.

TOM:  your man?

BRAM:  shit, i meant like, my bro, my homie.

TOM:  sure you did. well, i actually have to get going, i'm with my family right now, but i'll text you later?

BRAM: yeah, yeah of course. talk to you later, tommy boy.

TOM:  goodbye, needy.

BRAM:   goodbi?

TOM: [ laughs under breath ] i hate you. bye, bram.

BRAM: [ smiles ] bye, dickweed.

CALL ENDED.

authors note.
me: i should study for finals
also me: update mixed signals
and draft a deadpool fic bitch