9. A New Day, A New beginning

The next day Naruto woke up to the cheerful chirping of birds. The sun's rays were falling on his face through the gap in the bright blue curtains that were covering the windows. Stifling a yawn he rose from his bed and stretched himself. He made up his bed and took a glance at the alarm clock that lay on the bedside table.

Naruto: "Hm.... It's only '6' right now and the school starts at '9'. I have about two hours to spare when I don't consider the time needed to get ready. Well, I will think about that later... for now, I should wake nee-chan up"

With this thought in mind, Naruto raced out of his room. He slowly opened the door of the adjacent room. He was surprised to see that no one was in the room. Then all of a sudden he heard noises coming from the kitchen.

'She must be in the kitchen.' Naruto thought.

He dashed towards the kitchen. As soon as he entered it a delicious, mouth-watering smell wafted into his nostrils. Naruto closed his eyelids and took in the aroma that threatened to make his stomach growl. Suddenly Naruko turned around. At first, she was a bit surprised to see Naruto up so early. Then she noticed what he was doing. She chuckled at her otouto's antics. This seemed to break Naruto out of the temporary trance that the food had cast on him.

Naruto rubbed the back of his head sheepishly a faint tint of red highlighting his whiskered cheeks.

Naruto: "Good morning nee-chan. What are you making for breakfast today?" he asked.

"That's a secret." She replied with a wink.

"Awww.... Come on!" he whined.

"Well the breakfast will be ready in 15 minutes then you can see it for yourself" she replied.

"Ok then... until then I will get ready." Naruto pouted.

Time skip to breakfast.

Naruko removed her apron and set it on the counter of the kitchen. Then she took the cooking pan and transferred its contents to the two plates that Naruto had set on the table. After this, she took a seat beside Naruto.

"Hey, nee-chan what's this?" he asked eyeing the dish that laid before his eyes curiously.

"Well, it's something new that I tried to make it. Eat it and try to guess what it is." Naruko said with amusement glinting in her eyes.

Naruto stopped eyeing his dish and shrugged his shoulders in an 'alright motion.'

"Itadakimasu!!" he said.

He took the spoon that was placed on the side of the dish and took a spoonful of the food. First, he blew it trying to make it cooled down enough so that it could be eaten. Then he shoved it into his mouth.

The moment the food touched his tongue his taste buds were set into a frenzy

The moment the food touched his tongue his taste buds were set into a frenzy. The food was delicious.

"So, how is it? Do you like it?" Naruko asked slowly.