12. Naruko's love for her brother

"Normal speaking"

"Speaking through telepathy"

'Thoughts'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Person POV:

There were still about 20 minutes left for the 7th period to begin. The match had gotten over in a mere 10 minutes. The match between Haruno Sakura and Uzumaki Naruko had set a new record!

Apparently, Gai-sensei had been so happy that he declared that he would not make the students do the 50 laps around the Konoha sports grounds as he had originally planned.

It was a rule that only one sparring match can be held in a day.

With nothing left to do the students decided to take advantage of the free period as an opportunity to loiter around the school grounds. Naruko, on the other hand, changed into her regular school uniform and headed towards her homeroom.

Naruko put the time she had to good use. She started to sketch in the book that her otouto had decorated for her. She drew the sketches of all the old and new faces that she had met until now. Along with the sketches was tagged the name of the person and something she found unique and interesting in them. She did not write a single negative thing.

Naruto and her minds were connected because of the former's telepathy powers. Thus, even if she wished to, she could never lie to him.

Anything negative in her mind would affect Naruto and cause him grief. Something that she wanted to avoid at all costs. Thus she never let the negative feelings of hatred enter her mind, for she wished to protect her brother from them.

After making a few sketches she kept the book inside. She removed her own diary in which she used to write compositions. Naruto's birthday was coming up and she wished to make him feel special.

It usually took her 2 months to compose the lyrics of a song and another 1 month to master it. Thus his birthday was nearby, despite the fact that today's date was August 6th and
Naruto's birthday was on the 10th of October.

She was in the middle of writing her new composition when the bell rang. She hastily shoved the diary in her bag and sat on her seat as if nothing had happened.

The students one by one began to swarm inside the class. On seeing Naruko they gathered around her and began to praise her. Naruko was unaffected by these feelings. The only feelings that ever reached her were from her brother, Iruka-nii, Tsunade-Baachan and Ero-sennin. They were the only ones who had managed to penetrate the walls that she had built around her heart.

Still, she did not wish to be rude towards her fellow classmates and gave them a smile. However, that smile did not reach her eyes.

 However, that smile did not reach her eyes