31"Don't Underestimate Bow"

Narrator's POV

It was Monday May 30th, also known as the first day of the Final 4 rounds of the Indigo Plateau Conference of 2018. 16 trainers had made it and in those 16 were our young heroes, Cyan, Ryan and Emma, and the first round matches had just been announced.

The first battle was Brent versus some kiddo named Adam, the second was Daniel against a girl named Laura, the third was Ryan against a trainer named Ethan, the fourth was Emma versus Krystal and the last battle was, most unfortunately, little Cyan against the one she hated the most, Lloyd Amethyst.

The battles were taking place in the mythical Indigo Stadium, where the most intense of battles take place. The Top 16 battles were going to remain as the classic 3 on 3 battle format, while the next three rounds were going to be full six on six battles. That's going a bit ahead, so let's get back to the Top 16 battles.

Cyan was excited to win another battle, especially if it meant putting Lloyd in his place. The brunette was also happy that the annoyance would finally learn her lesson. Unlike her friend, Emma was quite nervous. The raven head had already understood that her opponent had a very unpredictable battling style and was having a rough time deciding which pokemon to use.

The two trainers were still able to pick a great trio of pokemon each. They tried to think of what would match up well with any of their opponent's pokemon.

The first three battles were watched closely by the other participants, so they could see who they could be battling in the upcoming rounds, if they made it that far. Most battles went by swiftly, with a side of Lloyd angering Cyan with his flirting. She tried to pay attention, but it wasn't easy with that guy annoying her every two seconds. 

All three of the boys participating in the earlier rounds won their battles. The fourth round finally came up and Emma shook of her nervousness with much hesitation. 'It's now or never' She thought. The two girls walked up to the stadium, a confident smile on both on their faces. The referee walked up to his position and begun talking.

"The Top Sixteen Indigo Plateau Conference battle between Emerald Green of Celadon City and Krystal Meyers of Saffron City will now begin. Both trainers will battle under the 3 on 3 battle format. Battle begin!" The referee shouted, signalling the match to commence with his flags. Emma took a deep breath. "Blossom, time to battle" "Ditto, time to shine"

A Bulbasaur and a Ditto appeared on the battlefield. The blob creature transformed into its opponent. Many attacks clashed. The original Bulbasaur's venoshock attack fainted the Ditto. The next battling pair was Dragonair against Vaporeon. Aurora beams were blocked be Dragon breaths. Most attacks made close calls happen almost immediately. Marina won nevertheless.

The last battle pair was Emma's Rapidash named Flare against Krystal's Vileplume. Despite the grass and poison type pokemon's obvious disadvantage, it was quite the challenging opponent. Its powerful sludge bomb attacks did a lot of damage, but the fire horse pokemon still emerged victorious. Emma had made it into the quarter finals along with her friends, aside Cyan, who was about to have her battle.

A few hours passed by and it was a bit before Cyan's first battle inside of the Indigo Stadium against Lloyd Amethyst. Her friends were trying to figure out her strategy, but simply couldn't. The best team combinations they thought of were denied by the eleven year old brunette. The only thing she said was the following. "I breezed through the tournament so far with raw power. The battles from here on out are going to be much tougher, so I'm not only going to use strategy, but the element of surprise as well."

That quote confused the duo much more. Cyan wasn't using raw power, she was using power and strategy in the tournament so far, so what did she mean when she said using the element of surprise? It was all too confusing for them. They were still eleven to twelve year old's. They soon decided to ignore it and get a snack before going into the Indigo Stadium, again.

The battle was about to begin and both trainers were smiling. Cyan was happy because she was going to kick that guy's butt and Lloyd was happy that he gets to battle her nevertheless."The Top Sixteen Indigo Plateau Conference battle between Cyan Author of Pallet Town and Lloyd Amethyst of Fuchsia City will now begin. Both trainers will battle under the 3 on 3 battle format. Battle begin!" The referee shouted, signalling the battle to begin.

The duo sent out their pokemon. Lloyd's first pokemon was his Sandslash and Cyan chose to use her Squirtle. People thought that she would just use her Squirtle-Pikachu-Pidgeot combo again. The Sandslash used attract, but the water type blocked it with its protect barrier. Then, the tiny turtle pokemon used water pulse, quickly followed up by ice beam, fainting the pokemon.

The brunette retrieved Blaster and sent out her Rhydon, Rhythm. The snow blond's second pokemon was was a fluffy fox-like creature, his Flareon. Lloyd and his pokemon could counter attack flawlessly, but couldn't exactly attack regularly. The highlight of the match was the very powerful rock and ground type pokemon landing a one-hit KO move better known as Horn Drill.

The last pokemon Lloyd used was the crowd favorite, his Tauros. Cyan's last pokemon was the most surprising though. She decided to use her Eevee, Bow. The audience was either squealing by its adorableness or questioning why a trainer of the Top 16 variety would use an unevolved normal type.

Lloyd scoffed and laughed loudly. "Lloyd, please don't underestimate Bow" The brunette told her opponent. "I will after I faint it. Tauros, giga impact." "Bow, quick attack to swift"

The evolution pokemon made the pokemon run in circles until it got its face slammed into one of the stadium's metal walls. Simultaneously, Bow charged up many glittering from its tail and soon released a powerful swift attack. "Tauros, get out and used take down" The snow blond exclaimed. Cyan sighed. "Bow, quick attack"

Instead of attacking the raging bull pokemon, the small Eevee landed on its back. "Use bite" Cyan exclaimed, a large smirk on her face. An adorable smile sat on the Eevee's fluffy face, while it was funnily standing atop a fainted Tauros. Everyone in the stadium was completely stunned.

The brunette smirked, her Eevee jumping on her shoulder, "I thought I told you. Don't you dare underestimate Bow or any of my pokemon by their appearance. I've been travelling long enough to know that any pokemon can be powerful no matter of its size, appearance or evolutionary stage" Cyan told him. She had made it into the Quarter Finals of the Indigo Plateau Conference, her dream was slowly becoming a reality.

A/N

Hey friends! I made another chapter today!

Also, the end is near!

Sorry, too perfect. 

There's 32, 33, 34 and lastly, the epilogue! We're almost there you guys!

Meaning that something else I've hinted is coming as well~!

Later~!