1.2 lemon meringue

THE FIRST THING I THOUGHT OF WHEN I SAW HIM WAS HOW TERRIBLY HANDSOME HE WAS

I blinked, shaking my head furiously to clear those thoughts. You're in big trouble, and that's what you're thinking about?

"What are you thinking?"

I let out a yelp as I remembered that I was still stuck in this sticky situation. "Just about how lucky I am to spend the last few moments of my short life in the presence of a good looking man."

I punched myself mentally.

The blonde haired boy looked taken back for a few moments, before bursting out in laughter.

"Don't... laugh."

"You're hilarious, Esther," He wiped away the tears in the corners of his eyes. "But let's get serious again." He looked back up at me. "What were you doing, sneaking into my kitchen?"

I let out a small, nervous laugh. "Well, you see, it's funny, really."

"Oh, I'm sure." His smile only widened as I backed away.

"You see, I was just..."

"You were just..."

I snuck a glance towards the window that had betrayed me, wondering how fast I could get there and how fast he could catch me before I did.

I calculated quickly in my head, comparing his lean, long legs and my short, puny ones. I gulped. It did not seem like a very reliable plan but I was going to give it a shot anyways.

"What's that?" I shouted loudly, pointing towards a vague area to his left.

He turned towards that direction, just as I had hoped. Wasting no time, I sprinted back to the window, propelling myself onto the ledge. I had just swung my left leg over the side when a hand grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"Stop moving around so much!" the blonde yelled as he dragged me away from my ticket to escaping.

Well I sure wasn't going to make it easy for him.

I kicked as hard as I could, hands reaching for whatever I could grab onto. I knocked a couple pans onto the floor (thank god they weren't made out of glass or china), much to my opponent's annoyance.

Finally, after what seemed like an hour of struggle, he had me pinned down on the floor.

"Ugh, I give in," I groaned, trying to catch my breath. "I'm not suited for vigorous activities like sports and wrestling away from your impending doom."

"Relax, I'm not going to kill you," the pretty blonde sighed.

"What's your name?"

He blinked at me. "You're asking for my name? At a time like this?"

"Well, it's getting repetitive calling you 'the blonde' in my head."

"Huh?"

"You know, narration? Don't you ever narrate your life?"