V

A week passed and by every passing day that I watched the village I felt even more empty.

I had a little thought.

Maybe just maybe, if I cry wolf again...

I shook my head.

No, I shouldn't pretend or lie.

That girl never came to visit me either.

Did she lie then?

Or did she just say that because I seemed pitiful to her?

I stared at three sheep who were playing together and snuggled.

How unfair that even those sheep are together...

I stared down at the village and the hole in my body started to fill me entirely.

Just one more time, let me feel happiness one more time.

"Wolf!", I cried and snuggled to my sheep.

I waited for the villagers to come.

This time some other villagers came up the hill and asked me if everything was alright.

I pretended to feel scared and shocked.

"A w-wolf! I saw him!", I pointed at the trees and bushes.

The villagers searched for some minutes and shook their heads.

"Little fellow there is no wolf. You must be scared, right?", he looked at me and the sheep.

"You care about those sheep, huh? Well get them in the fence. My wife and I have no kids. You can stay for a while boy", he helped me up and lead me to the village.

On the way to his house I encountered the blonde- haired girl who smirked at me.

"Sheep boy. Didn't see ya in a while. Next time I will come visit you for sure!", she said while running away with some conserves in her hands.

I didn't think a lot about her words.

She must be a little troublemaker in her family...

It was irritating that she called me sheep boy.

Like everyone she could have called me by my family name or shepherd boy, but she just called me sheep boy.

I got more confused the more I thought about it.

Again, I realized that I wasn't really used and familiar with conversations or people at all.

Especially people like hair make it even harder to understand humans at all.