10. Alexander

I am drifting through an eerie, silent, pitch black void, but despite the silence outside my mind, the inner workings of my head were raging with endless thoughts.

What is this place?

Did we escape?

What will The Third Eye look like?

...or am I just dead?

To my alarm, I look to my left and acknowledge the absence of a specific small, sarcastic, sharp-tongued, black-haired girl who I distinctly remember jumping through the ominous purple gate hand in hand with me.

Where's Constance?

Before I can ponder this worrisome thought further a glint catches the corner of my eye, and upon facing forward once more my eyes fall upon a distant light contrasting greatly against the deep darkness of the void. Slowly drifting towards this unknown light, I note the light's intensity to grow brighter the closer I become, until I am now only a foot away and the light's sparkling glow has become almost unbearable to look at directly. I shield my eyes with my arm as my body continues its journey through the blinding light.

Perhaps I am dying.

However, this idea is debunked as in the next second the blinding light ceases to exist, and instead I feel a rough pressure against my body as if I was being shoved by some unseen force of nature.

Suddenly, I feel myself falling.

I snap open my eyes to reveal a muddied ground below me as I continue to feel my body fall to the ground. Before I can even completely process this event my body crashes hard into the filthy soil evoking an involuntary pained grunt as a newfound soreness spreads from my stomach to the rest of my muscles.

Without allowing me to fully process my new surroundings, I hear a familiar acrimonious tone,

"Oi, what the bloody hell? Why do I feel like I was just shoved out of my mother's lady garden again?"

"Must you be so vulgar?" Another familiar voice speaks out sounding particularly disgruntled as I pick my head up from the ground to see the stern-faced dark haired man standing with his arms crossed a couple feet away from an evidently disoriented Constance who massages her temples in deep circles before responding,

"MuSt yOu bE So VuLGar?" She mimics his voice mockingly whilst rolling her eyes as she gradually forces herself to stand.

Meanwhile, I almost miss the sight of an outstretched hand in the corner of my eye and upon averting my eyes towards the hand I notice the assistant to be Amber. Upon making eye contact with me, a large radiant smile spreads across her lips as she waves her outstretched hand slightly, silently instructing me to accept her offer.

I do, and she pulls me to my feet allowing me to clearly examine the landscape for the first time since my rocky arrival.

I stare aghast at my surroundings as Miss Pemberley words resonate inside my mind:

"The wretched world of The Third Eye."

Surveying the land before me, I can't help but feel revolted. In front of me stood large, looming, broken-down buildings. Windows broken, sections missing, and a bountiful amount of rust. The panelling and structure appeared so fragile that if somebody were to simply poke the building the entire structure would collapse. Not only did the buildings look weak, but they were extremely filthy as well. Spinning around to look around me I took into account how dirty and muddied everything was. Nothing looked like it was cleaned in countless years, and as I look down towards my feet I notice a cockroach race before my feet and I can't help the feeling of puke rising in my throat at the idea I was just laying on the same ground.