Reunited Friends

A/N: sorry for the short chapter I was writing this really late at night, so there might be a few typos.

Callie

     As I walk through the familiar walls of Seattle grace-mercy west hospital I can't help but smile. I am going to see my best friend for the first time in a year. I have my beautiful daughter holding my hand as she skips along side me. Everything is easy. I have no work to do, no drama to deal with. It is just me and Sofia with nothing to stand in the way. Everything is perfect.

     "Torres!" I hear my name being called out from an all too familiar voice. I turn around, arms stretched out wide to accept a big from my best friend, Mark. We hug until I feel two little arms wrap as far around us as they can reach. Almost simutaniouly we look down and just smile at our perfect little girl.

     "So," he starts after we pull away from each other. "How does it feel to finally be home?"

     "Good, but we both know this is not my home anymore."

     "You can leave for as long as you want, but we both know that this will always be your home." Sofia looks up and just nods in agreement with her father. "Sofia lives here, I'm here, and basically all of your friends are here."

     "Hey!" I give him a little shove. "How do you know I haven't made friends back in New York?"

     "I know because if you had, you would have introduced me when I was there."

     "I have friends there." Although I know as soon as the words leave my mouth that it is a lie. Sure I know some people, but no one that I would go out of my way to hang out with. The only reason I am still there is because of Penny.

     "Right." He uses his sarcastic tone as he rolls his eyes and playfully shoves my shoulder.

     "Whatever, lets go get that ice cream."

     I grab Marks hand and Sofias as we walk out of the hospital main doors. "Wait," Mark calls out of nowhere making me jump slightly. "I have to introduce you to Noah before we leave."

     "Can't you just introduce me when we get back?" I ask, confused.

     "No, because he will be fast asleep by then for his mid day nap."

     "Ok then, lets go." We switch our direction and head off towards Marks apartment.