A Murder Of Crows {26} END

"Please make sure you're dressed in your cap and gown with appropriate shoes. The dress code for graduation is posted online at the Academy's website, and was emailed to all seniors," Headmaster Crowe said. "Your families are welcome on campus, and you can use your dining points to buy them meals in the dining hall. The ceremony will start promptly at 9 a.m., so be in the waiting area no later than 8:45 so we can get you in your lines. The campus will be hosting an after party right after the ceremony, and the school store will be open during that party. You and your families are all welcome, and you're also welcome to take pictures on campus."

                This was information that had already been emailed to us, which bored me endlessly. I checked the time, wondering if this speech would ever end.

                "You should all be very proud of yourselves. We'll see you here tomorrow morning. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask any of the staff," Headmaster Crowe said. "You're all dismissed. Make sure you get a good night's sleep."

                Kids got up, talking amongst each other. We'd just finished our graduation ceremony practice.

                "He talks forever," Aria said, coming up to me. "I thought that was never going to end."

                I stretched a little, cracking my back. "Same. He already emailed us the information. I don't know why we had to go over it again."

                "He was just making sure everyone had it down," Jamison said, him and Kenz joining us. "It's an important day."

                "It's just graduation," Aria said.

                "It's a big step for all of us," Jamison said. "We're not going to be kids anymore."

                "Let's get out of here. It's too hot," I said.

                We filed out of the building, heading outside. It was a nice day out, a light breeze keeping it from being too hot. Everyone seemed relieved to be out in the fresh air again.

                "You're coming to the after party, right?" Jamison said. "I'll help you move your stuff out after."

                My parents weren't coming to graduation. They said anyone could graduate high school, and college was the only graduation that would even matter. They'd also said I was capable of moving my stuff back home on my own.

                Jamison seemed angry when I told him that, but it didn't bother me. I was capable of moving my stuff back home on my own. Besides, why would my parents come to my high school graduation? It was just my name being called amidst everyone else's, and me walking up to grab a piece of paper. It would've been a waste to sit there for two hours just to watch that.

                Still, Jamison insisted I come to the after party with everyone. He'd also invited me out to dinner with his parents and his grandpa to celebrate graduation.

                It would be the first time I met his parents. He was close with his family, and it actually made me a little nervous to meet them. Still, parents were just people. It would be fine.

                "I'm going to the after party. You don't have to keep asking me," I said.

                "I'm just making sure you haven't changed your mind," he said. "Let's go get lunch. I'm starving. Cole said him and Nia are already at the table."

                The four of us made our way down to the dining hall. Most of the younger students had cleared off campus. Some had stayed to watch their friends graduate, and all the Crows were here to help with the ceremony.