Chapter Eight

Hodge called all of us into the Institute's library after everyone ate breakfast and I had changed into a different outfit. All of us walked into the library and stood there waiting for Hodge to speak.

"I just got news back from the Clave about Savanna's mother." He began. "And they are not going to look for her."

I stood there looking at him totally speechless for a moment.

"What? They can't do that!" I protested.

"Savanna, I'm sorry but I can't do anything about it now." Hodge replied.

I shook my head before turning around and running out of the room, ignoring the other's yells for me to come back.

I went to the elevator and pressed the button waiting for it. I, then, thought of something. If the Clave isn't going to look for her, I will. I turned around and ran to the training room and changed into Shadowhunter gear. After changing I went back to the elevator and getting inside before going down to the first floor. Once the elevator doors opened I walked out of the Institute doors, not even looking back at the Institute as I walked out of the gates. I knew that no one was able to see me because I had a glamour on. Don't want anyone getting suspicious if they saw me with what I have on. Especially with the weapon belt with all the serph blades and other daggers and such. I could feel the Sensor vibrating through my jacket pocket. I pulled it out and examined it. A demon is close by. I held it in my hand as I followed the way to go as the vibration got more and more insane. Once it said I had reached the place I looked up and saw it was my apartment building. I took a deep breath before walking in and heading to the staircase that led to my mom's and my place. Ms. Dorothea opened up her door and I looked at her.

"Hello Ms. Dorothea." I smiled a bit.

"Good bye." She said about to close her door.

I thought of something right then.. My mom had taken the Mortal Cup and hidden it from Valentine. I remember when Jace had brought up about Ms. Dorothea being a witch while we were talking about everything a couple days ago when we had broken up with the others. Ms. Dorothea must know that my mom was a Shadowhunter.

"Wait." I quickly said to stop her.

"What?" She asked.

"Can I talk to you about something inside?" I asked her.

She nodded and opened the door wider for me to enter.

I walked in and I sat down while she went into a different room. I went over to the piano and pressed a couple keys down.

"Sorry that it's out of tune. Haven't used it in years." She said coming back in with tea it looks like.

"It's alright." I said as I sat down.

I looked at the edge and saw the tarot cards my mother had given to her as a gift.

"Didn't my mother give those to you?" I asked Ms. Dorothea.

"The tarot cards? Yes, made them for me and gave them to me as a present." Ms. Dorothea nodded.

"May I look at them?" I asked looking at her.

"Go ahead."

"Thanks." I replied as I went through them, looking at the pictures on the other side.

I looked at them carefully hoping to find anything that could help me. I put one after another down. Then, I put one down and it had a picture of a cup. This cup looked familiar though.. I picked it up slowly and looked at it better.