Three

"Beatrice are you sure this is what's in style?" I asked, looking into the mirror at the department store. My female doggen and Thomas had come with me on this shopping trip. "Oh yes! All the things I have shown you are the current style here ma'am," the sales rep smiled. It was past closing time but it was funny how money made things work. Show a couple hundred dollar bills and magically I had the store all to myself, well past closing time.

"Very well. I'll wear this home," I agreed. "Bag everything else up," I said, making the rep grin and nod, leaving us immediately. Looking at the 'leggings' again I had to admire the way my backside looked in them. Not bad. The top I had on was a little low cut for me but other than that I really liked what I had bought. 

An hour later we pulled up to the manse and a huge black truck pulled in behind us. Thomas helped me out of the backseat of the town car he had purchased and I looked back behind us. Phury, Vishous and Butch exited their truck. I offered Phury a small smile and walked over to him. "Wow..." he said. "Do I look okay? The people at the store said this was what females here wear," I asked, not meeting his eyes. "You look beautiful." I blushed and thanked him, turning back towards the house, hearing him inhale sharply. 

"This was my first trip into Caldwell," I said proudly over my shoulder. "And what did you buy?" Butch asked, walking beside me as we went up the stairs. "Clothes and books. I'm going to fill my entire library!" I said excitedly. "Oh yeah? Well Phury and Vishous are the book experts. You should talk to them about books and stuff. If you want to know clothes, you talk to me."

"You?" I asked, confused. He laughed. "Yeah, the cop has a huge wardrobe," Vishous muttered. After getting several tips from Butch on where to go on my next trip we parted. Entering the library I placed several bags on a table and began sorting through the volumes. "Charlotte?" Hearing my name, I looked back over my shoulder and watched as Phury came forward, holding something. "Yes Phury?" I asked, facing him. "I brought you a gift. House warming gift if you will." Taking the book he offered, I read the title and gasped. "A first edition of Lord of the Rings? Oh Phury! Thank you!" Without thinking, I threw my arms around him in excitement. Phury smelled so good. I took the chance and dared to inhale his scent. Male. Pure, aristocratic male. My stomach clenched as my nerves kicked in. The feeling only intensified when Phury's arms wrapped around me gently and I realized what I had done. Jumping back I laughed nervously. "I'm sorry. I'm just so excited and-"

"I wasn't complaining. I'm gonna just go help V." He left quickly and I watched him leave. Had I really just done that? I could hear my mahmen's disapproving tone in my head, chiding me for how I've acted. Displaying the novel on the fireplace, I smiled and stood back. First book in the library. Proud, I put on some music and asked Thomas for a glass of wine. 

Thirty minutes later I was humming to the music and rearranging some things, enjoying myself when Vishous scared the hell out of me. "Okay we're-" I screamed and clutched my chest, dropping a stack of books. "Oh, sorry," Vishous grinned, smoking a cigarette. Phury stepped forward and bent down, picking up my books. Kneeling, so embarrassed, I knocked mine forehead against his and landed on my bottom, rubbing my head. "Ouch," I hissed, rubbing the spot that now ached. "Oh damn, I mean darn. You okay?" Phury asked, helping me to my feet. Thomas ran in with an ice pack and handed it to me. "I'm not that fragile," I scowled, swiping the ice pack and planting it on my head. 

"Okay so anyway I've got everything wired up and ready. The alarm codes have been given to the doggen. Here's your copy. If anything triggers the alarm, it'll send an alert to my computers." I took the paper from Vishous and looked at the numbers. "Thank you," I said. He nodded and he and Butch turned and left. "You're bleeding a little. Where's your bathroom?" Phury asked. "The only one stocked right now is mine own." He followed my up to my room and into the bathroom. Looking the the cabinet he produced some gauze, rubbing alcohol and a bandage. Brushing a strand of hair off my forehead that had come loose, I shivered at his touch. Wetting some gauze with the rubbing alcohol, Phury dabbed the cut, making me jump and wince. 

"What are you running from Charlotte? Who are you running from?" Phury asked as he cleans the cut. "Nothing and no one."

"Don't take me for a fool. Tell me." Keeping my eyes trained on his chest, I confessed. "A male named Grayson who wants to mate me and take everything I've inherited." Phury held his breath for a moment then let it out. "Will he come looking for you?"

"I believe so. I'm sure he is quite furious I left." Phury took my chin between his thumb and forefinger, making me look up at him. "Are you in danger?" My hesitance answered for me. Grayson was not a male to be crossed, so I had no doubt he would be looking for me, even if it meant coming here. "I'm staying then. As protection. I can not leave you here with no male present besides an older doggen." 

"Phury, you don't have to do this. I'm sure I'm safe here with the new system in place," I assured, backing away. "There's no negotiation here Charlotte. If I left and didn't come back and found out you were harmed? I could never stop blaming myself." 

"But you're a brother. You have other duties to attend to." Phury shoved his hands in his pockets. "I'm not exactly working right now. I'm on a break, of sorts while dealing with some things." There was no convincing this male otherwise and I knew I was safer with him in the house. "Okay. Fine." Leaving the bathroom, I stood in my room and fumbled with my phone. "Here. This is my number." I showed him the phone and he took down the number, giving me his as well as the other Brothers as well.

Second meal was upon us by the time we were downstairs again. Thomas had made enough for two and as we approached the table in the large dining room Phury rushed forward and held my chair for me, being the aristocratic male he was. "Thank you Phury."

"Of course Charlotte." Taking the chair across from me he sat and Thomas served us. "So you had fun in the city tonight?" Phury asked. "Aye I did. So exciting."

"Its beautiful, though dangerous. Promise me you'll not go alone." Worry clouded his eyes but I agreed. Relief washed over him and we were both able to relax enough to make this dining experience enjoyable.