chapter 3

Steves POV
Mission accomplished: We got Zola, yet no one feels like celebrating as it wasn't a victory as we lost Mia while doing it.
Every Howling Commado is silent as we sit in the local bar, everyone else in the pub is having a good time.
laughing, dancing, singing. They don't know what we've lost.
"I need another drink" Bucky announces, "Me too" I add and get up as well.
"Captain, sergeant!" Agent Carter appears next to us at the bar.
"What!" Buck replies obviously annoyed by her dismissiveness of our mourning.
She suddenly realises!
" I am so sorry for your loss boys I really am, Mia was a amazing soldier and a brilliant young woman" she says sorrowfully
"Yeah she was" I say my voice breaking, I then add "What is it you need Peggy?"
" I know it's a bad time but we really need you and your men at the base!"She replies
"Are you fucking kidding me, can't we have one day to mourn" Bucky yells catching the attention of everyone in the room, I don't bother warning him on his language, cause quite frankly I don't care anymore.
"Fuck it, I guess it's a good distraction" I say downing the beer I was drinking.
Buck does the same!
She hurries off out the door, we grab the others as we aren't drunk and follow. But we are rather slow as the others had a lot to drink so we walk in a group behind Peggy quietly.

At the base.

Peggy's POV
When the Howling Commandos walk in its quite obvious that they don't want to be here. I don't blame them, Mia may have only been 15 years old but she was extremely gifted and was always keeping everyone's spirits up with her sense of humour.
Now that she's gone everyone's spirits are low, and they look like hell.
Steve and Bucky look the worst, especially Bucky.
"What do you want us to do?"Steve mumbles
"It seems Shmit has a plan of world destruction planned"the Major states
"No shit Sherlock" Buck sarcastically comments, maybe somethings never change. I smile at the thought.
"We need you to infiltrate his last base, destroy everything inside and kill the son of a bitch" the Major orders
"Where is it exactly"Steve asks
"It is located 50ft below the Alps behind a blockade of at least 100 troops, it's not going to be easy to infiltrate" the major stated to the Commandos.
"Yeah you can't exactly walk up to their door and ask politely to go inside" I add.
Steve looks to Buck and smuggs like they both know exactly what to do, I am about to ask them what their thinking when it hits me.
"You are not going to walk straight up to their door and ask them to let you in" I yell at them
"Oh I am, but I'm not going to ask them to let me in, they are going to escort me inside" Rogers smiles mischievously.
"I like your style Steve, were do you want us stationed" One of the other Commados asks their Captain.
Rogers and Sergeant Barnes give their order like always.

Bucky's POV

It's a crazy idea, that is why it's so brilliant. Steve is planning on getting captured, they will take him straight to where he wants to be. With Shmit!
He will distract Shmit while we zip line through the large open window from the cliffs opposite it.
My chest tightens when I realise that the last time I was doing something like this was when Mia fell.
I shake the thought away, it hurts to much to think about. I look through my binoculars and see Steve give the sly signal, we take off on the zip lines.
We crashed through the window, and fired out guns but Shmit was fast and took of out the door.
Me and Steve followed him into a hanger which held one of the largest ships I've ever seen.
"Buck, is there any way I could convince you to wait here" Steve asks as we race after the moving plane.
"Why do you even bother asking. I'm with you till the end of the line pal" I respond as we jump onto one of the wheels as is closes.
We ascend into the air!
24 minutes later...
"Peggy we've gotta' put her in the water otherwise a lot of people are gonna' die"Steve says into the radio.
we can hear Peggy crying over the com.
"I'm gonna need a rain check on that dance" Steve asks.
We can see the snowy ice getting closer now
700ft.
"okay Saturday the moon lounge 7pm, I'll be there waiting"Peggy says, her voice breaking.
500ft
I look at Steve and smile encouragingly
"You know he still doesn't know how to dance Peg" I chime in, Steve grunts
300ft
"I'll teach him" Peg replies knowing she never will be able to.
100ft
I look at Steve one last time. I whisper to him I'm with you to the end of the line pal"
He replies" To the end line"