Chapter three

Derrick pov

The last few weeks have been great. Mia has relaxed a little more around me though she's still very obedient. Every day I go to work and leave her to watch pet TV. I send food to her throughout the day and drink from her at night.

She has definitely gained a lot more weight over the last few weeks and is looking healthy. Her blood has gotten richer too but its still just as sweet as the first time.

I wish I knew what made her blood so sweet and addictive. It would be great to add into my supply. Business has been booming since one of the other distributors went bankrupt and its been keeping me busy and away from home a lot.

I am only at my house to sleep and to check in on Mia on my breaks other than that I am constantly away from sunrise until well after sunset. Sometimes not until past midnight.

It's stressful but it just means I am making more money. We are currently trying to expand internationally and Chris has been working non stop to get that set up. Flying to different counties to see where best to set up the new factories. I do admire his loyalty to his job especially when it comes to his personal life as well. I allow him to take his wife on trips and I know she likes that he takes her with him.

While Mia physically looks healthier than she did when I got her mentally is a different story.

For the last two weeks now she has been having really bad nightmares and has been waking up screaming. Every night I comfort her and every night she begs for forgiveness on waking me up. I wasn't going to punish her for it because she isn't doing it deliberately.

After the first night she did this she had been trying to keep herself awake at night so she didn't wake me but when I found out I started putting a bit of sleeping syrup in her food.

It's not good for her to have no sleep and even if it wakes me up I'd rather that then her burn out. Especially with how small she is still it could kill her.

Right now I was sitting at my desk in my office looking up pet hospitals I could take her to in order to get her checked on. There were so many hospitals yet none seemed to have what I was looking for. I sighed and shut my laptop and put my head in my hands as the door opened.

"Rough night boss?" My assistant Ian said as he put the files of my latest project on my desk. Ian has been covering the work Chris usually does while he's away on business.

"My pet screams at night and I can't find a damn hospital to take her to." I groaned and looked up, running a hand through my hair.

"There's a good hospital a few hours out of town on the outskirts. They deal with all sorts of problems with pets. My sister took her pet there when it was refusing food." Ian shrugged. "Can't hurt to check it out, think it's called Glass heart or something."

"Thanks I'll look into it. You can go now. I have a lot of forms to fill out. And cancel my meetings for tomorrow."

"You got it boss." Ian gave a slight bow and left. A sign of respect since I'm higher up than he is. Not just in business but in society too.

Vampires have a similar pyramid scheme as the wolves. We have those in charge, those loyal and the workers. I happen to be a loyal or a beta in wolf terms.

I worked hard to get to my position especially since it was only 200 years ago that I was a rouge. The skills I learnt as a rouge have definitely helped get me to where I am.

I opened my laptop again and searched for the hospital Ian mentioned and found it straight away. 4 hours drive away. Definitely far but if it means I can get a good night sleep and Mia will be cured then so be it.