v. I || intro || blood, sweat, and tears

Volume I || WINGS

━━━━━━━━━━━

He too, was a tempter. He too, was a link to the second. The evil world with which I no longer wanted to have anything to do.

━━━━━━━━━━━

           The sound of tapping on glass echoed through the marbled room as the pad of the male's finger traced the rim of his goblet. His shining eyes flitted from one statue to the other among many that were scattered randomly around the room, humming nonchalantly as he stood from the couch he was leaning on. The handsome man strode to the other side of the brightly lit room, stopping suddenly in front of a painting. As his golden orbs drunk in the chaotic scene in the large painting, a faint smirk ghosted over his plump lips.

            This being was Fate.

              The painting, 'The Fall of Rebel Angels', was no short of detail. The dimly lit painting showed demons and devils being pushed towards the bottom of the picture, pushed and fought by elegant angels.

           How pitiful but true it was to compare the demons to humans of this realm. Ah, what an evil world... To think that Earth had sunk so low that a simple act of kindness would cause adults to tear up.

              He forced himself to rip his gaze away from the large painting in front of him to turn around and look towards the other side of the room. What met his eyes was yet another painting, smaller in size, but just as much detail. 'The Lament for Icarus'.

             As he stared at the darker painting, the image of a young male appearing in his mind. Ah, yes, the Icarus of the group. He raised the goblet to his soft lips, his gaze moving back up as he took a hearty sip of the goblet's contents.

           Once his gaze settled again, he was staring at a different scene. The whole wall was covered in the infamous landscape, 'The Fall of Icarus'. He looked up, behind him, and there was a balcony hovering over the side of the wall. The balcony was not empty; a young blonde male sat upon the railing, his misty blue eyes gazing thoughtfully down on the floor, bare feet dangling teasingly over the edge. The tempter. He looked almost like an angel, before he turned around to look at the door behind him. When he looked back, he had a mischievous smile on his face as he fell. Before the blonde boy's body hit the floor, he burst into a bundle of black feathers. The man watching went blind for a moment, a splatter of color bursting over his vision before they cleared again.

         He was looking at 'The Fall of Rebel Angels' again, only he wasn't the only one there.

       Another man stood in front of the painting, seemingly unaware of the man who stood behind him. His pastel pink hair rustled slightly, as if a light breeze passed through the spacious room. He seemed to be analyzing the painting carefully, as if it would be the last time he would see it. The silence seemed too smooth to be broken, until the sound of china breaking sounded across the room. Fate turned around, eyes searching the room, expecting that one of the statues had broken. They were quite old after all. He turned only to see that all statues were intact, but in fact, it wasn't at all an inanimate object breaking.