Chapter 2

Antis pov.

    Today we're having mash potatoes and green beans, it was a good lunch. Right now the teachers that stay in here to handle us told us to behave since they were leaving for a bit. I was talking with Dark and it was nice until..the bullies showed up. "Hey glitchface!" I heard a familiar voice call out to me, it was Die, the most popular third grader at school. I turned around to him "what do you wan-" I was cut off by him throwing his mash potatoes at me and whats worse is that he had gravy in his and it was hot! "AH!" I yelped out, the mash potatoes got in my hair ruining it but whats worse is that the gravy was burning my face. All the kids laughed at me, I got up from my table and tried to run out before I started crying but as soon as I took a step I tripped by  my untied shoe laces and fell on my face.

    I gave up and started crying while everyone laughed. "Hey glitchface, need a drink?" Die spoke up, I could tell he was right above me. I turned over to look at him, he then spilled his milk carton all over me. I yelped and covered my face with my arm but he still ruined my clothes. Dark then got up and pushed Die knocking him down. "Leave him alone!" Everyone gasped Die looked up at Dark with rage "And who do you think you are?" Dark gulped and started shaking but then spoke confidently "Im his friend! Now pick on someone else your own size!" Everyone stayed quiet looking at Dark.

    I tried getting up but then slipped in the milk puddle. Dark noticed and walked over to me  and helped me up. "Come on, lets get you to the nurses, she'll get you a new pair of clothes." Dark said holding my hands. I looked down at them as he rubbed his thumb over my left hand. I gulped as my face heated up. He let go of one of my hands then walked out of the cafeteria with me. Luckily for us, the nurses was just a hall away so we walked in silence as I was dripping of milk with potatoes still on my face. I sniffed and wiped my eyes and looked over at Dark "Are you okay? Im sorry I didnt act earlier." I nodded and wipe my nose. "Its fine....whyd you do it anyways?" He looked over at me and smiled "because I love you, and Im always going to stick by you no matter what."

    I felt my face get heated again "o-oh" I looked down at the ground "thanks" we walked into the nurses room, the nurse was wearing a blue uniform with a health cross on the left, she had short hair and was dark skinned. "Oh my goodness!" She covered her mouth with her hand "what happened to you?" She got up from her chair and walked over to me, Dark let go of my hand. "Bullies..." I mumbled then Dark perked up "Die threw mash potatoes at him and then poured milk on him!" He pouted clearly being upset. "Die? Die Kjellberg? But hes the nicest kid Ive met." She said confused, Dark crossed his arms "Well he's clearly not!"

    "Well lets get you washed up and then we'll get you some new clothes, okay?" She placed her hand on my shoulder I nodded.

<Time skip>

    I just finished putting on my new clothes feeling fresh and clean. I looked myself in the bathroom mirror, I was wearing a black tee with a weird design on it, blue jeans, and black flats. To get the mash potatoes out of my hair they had to rinse it out and they didnt have any gel so I combed my hair to the left instead of it usually being up. I opened the bathroom door and walked out. Dark who was sitting on one of the beds looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. "lookin good!" I blushed a bit and smiled "thanks" the nurse then walked over to me with a bag "Here are your old clothes" I grabbed it and thanked her "You're welcome now you two run along back to class." We nodded and thanked her again before leaving.

    Me and Dark walked down our hall holding hands, right now we'd be having reading time or what our school calls it "murp" Its a weird name if you think about it but its normal for us so we dont question it. "Woooww" Dark said looking at my hair. "What?" I questioned him "You look so weird with your hair like that." I rolled my eyes "I know, I hate it as well." Dark stopped us making turn towards me "Now I didnt say that...I think its a good look on you." He said while brushing my hair out of my eye. I blushed and looked at the ground. "Really think so?" He nodded, I held onto his hand tighter. "L-lets keep moving" he giggled and continued to walk with me.

    We made it to our class and stopped holding hands. "Where have you two been?" Mr.Fischbach asked making everyone turn away from their books and turn towards us, some of my classmates giggled at me. "Nurses" I said as I put my bag in my cubby. Dark waited for me then walked to our seats with me. "Well go and grab a book, were having murp." We nodded and grabbed a Dr.Seuss book, we decided we were going to read a book together. We sat in our seats and scooted closer towards each other while holding hands under the table.