Chapter 4

Darks pov.

     The rest of the day went pretty fast, since we already had reading class before lunch In which we had rotations my favorite was when we were learning about butterflies. I'm thinking of drawing Anti a butterfly. Then we had math, then PE. In PE we played fruit basket, which is my favorite game. Fruit basket is a game where Coach Avidan gives you a fruit name and two people in the middle call out a fruit. If they call out your fruit you have to run to the other side of the gym without getting tagged. If you do get tagged you join the people in the middle and tag other players. It's so much fun! I never want it to go away! Anyways after that we had music class, sang Christmas songs since it's beginning to come that time again...even though Halloween hasn't passed yet. Why can't we have Halloween songs for once?

     Then we headed back to class and got to play until school was over. While kids were playing with blocks and boardgames me and Anti were reading Dr.Seuss books. Soon the school bell rang and we all grabbed our backpacks and walked to the front doors. Anti usually rides the bus home since his parents don't pick him up. Which really upset me, at my elementary school children aren't allowed to walk into the parking lot so the parents have to wait on the sidewalk for them. Almost all of them get a hug and a hand hold while walking back to their car, but Anti will never get that.

     I have to wait a good couple of minutes for my step-mom Amy to pick me up so I would usually sit on the bench and wave at Anti once his bus drives off. I was sitting on my blue bench with my backpack on my lap as I kicked my legs back and forth. I had my arms wrapped around the bag as I laid my head on it. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warm sun on my skin. "Darky" someone mumbled, I opened my eyes and looked to the left of me where Anti sat. I sat up straight "Anti? Why aren't you on your bus, it'll leave soon" I warned him as I pointed at his bus. He unzipped his black worn out backpack and pulled out Mr.Snuggles, he wrapped his arms around him as he frowned. "I don't want to go home today..plus the kids on my bus are assholes" I gasped, he said a bad word! "Anti that's a bad word!" I yelled hugging my backpack and moving it away from him as if I was protecting it from Antis bad language. Anti just gave me a look, like he was miserable and tired of the world. My face dropped as I gave him a look of sympathy.

     "..Are you okay?" I asked gradually and cautiously as I placed a hand on top of his. He stayed slient as he scooted closer to me and looked at the ground. "Can we go to the park? When your mom picks you up?" He looked up at me. "Sure, I don't see why not" I smiled hoping for a smile back..but didn't get one. I then pulled him into a hug frowning "It'll be okay" I rubbed his back, I didn't know what was wrong with him and didn't want to assume but I knew everything would be okay, cause it will always be.

     Anti then pulled away as he chuckled softly "What?" I tilted my head smiling, he looked at me glaring playfully as he crossed his arms. "Just so you know, just because I was nice to you today doesn't mean I'll be nice to you tomorrow, after all Mr.Snuggles still doesn't think you're worthy enough." He placed Mr.Snuggles on his shoulder as he had to keep his hand there since he would fall if he let go. He smirked as I laughed and covered his mouth. "Alright mister bad boy, I can still consider myself apart of the group though right? Maybe even Wilford could join us!" I smiled hugging my backpack again. Anti hummed as he looked at Mr.Snuggles and made him look back at him "What do you think Mr.Snuggles?" He made the teddy bears head move to his ear as if he was whispering to him. "Mhmm..okay..yeah that makes sense..are you sure? Alright" Anti spoke to Mr.Snuggles he then looked back at me. He covered the Teddy's ears as he leaned closer to me and whispered "Okay so- Mr.Snuggles still says no but it takes a while for him to trust people so you're technically in by my standards."

     "What about Wilford?" I whispered back, he stayed quiet for a moment "I don't know Dark, I haven't known him  for too long plus we got off on the wrong foot. It'll take a while before we become friends...I think" I nodded as I leaned away from him, he then unplugged Mr.Snuggles ears. "And that's why you'll never be apart of our group" he pouted as he crossed his arms making the teddy fall down. We both looked at him as we stayed slient "He was so impressed that he fell down!" I joked as Anti giggled and picked him up "yep!"

     Anti sighed happily as he looked at me with a smile. I loved his smile, it was so pretty. "Thanks for cheering me up I guess" he scooted closer as our legs were touching, we both blushed as he scooted away partly but was still close. "What made you sad in the first place?" I asked kicking my legs back and forth. His eyes widen as he opened his mouth slightly. "Ooh..um...you know..stuff" he rubbed the back of his head as he smiled awkwardly. "Like wha-" I was cut off as Amy showed up swinging her keys around. "Daaark" she smiled as she stopped in front of them. She was wearing black jeans and a white shirt with an alien design on it, and a denim jacket tied around her waist. "Why is your friend here? Anti was it?"

     "Anti" Anti corrected because she said his name wrong as he quickly shoved Mr.Snuggles into his backpack and zipped it up. "He said that he didn- ...that he wanted to go to the park with me" I smiled, I decided not to tell her about his personal stuff in case he didn't want her to know. "Oh, well okay. Where does he live?" I swung my backpack over my shoulder as I stood up. "We'll tell you once it's time to go to his hous-" "Could I stay the night?" Anti interrupted as he stood up as well. "Oh...Anti it's a school night, I don't think we should" Amy began to start to explain to him why he couldn't but I piped up.

     "Yeah! You should totally spend the night! Please Amy? Please please please pleeeeaaaaassssee!!!" I begged as I got on my knees and held my hands together. Anti giggled as he then got on his knees and held his hands together as well and begged. "Please please please please!" "Okay!" Amy admitted defeat as me and Anti celebrated as we stood up and jumped up and down "Come on now" Amy giggled as she walked to her car. Me and Anti ran after her as we held hands.