Untitled Part 3

It's been a week. A week of living with the Avengers, a week of no school, no contact with his friends...no contact with May. Peter wouldn't admit that he missed her, he wouldn't admit that he woke up at night expecting to see his bedroom or that when he woke up in the mornings the smell of burnt toast and loud out of tune singing to some random 80's song. He wouldn't admit he missed her bad cooking, her long awkward goodbyes before he headed off to school or the embarrssing kisses on the head when they were shopping if he spotted friends from school. He missed her. He hated that he missed her, hated that she was so ok with just leaving him out in the rain because he could climb walls and protect people. Hated that she probably hadn't even-

You are the dancing queen
Young and sweet
Only sevente-

He jumped from his bed recognising the ring tone and picked up the phone immedately. She was the only one with a personalised ringtown like that, she got it so he wouldn't ignore it. "Aunt May!" His voice held despiration as he waited in antipitation for her to talk.

"Peter." He voice was cold, unloving. Peter's heart stopped and his feet starting moving.

"M-May please talk to me. What do you want from me-what's going on?" His voice shook as he talked, his free hand twisting in a clockwise action as he moved. He didn't know where he was walking he wasn't paying attention. "Please talk to me!" He shrieked a little, as the silence was deafening.

"I want you to stay away from me Peter, I want you to get away from the avengers. I want you to live on the streets where you belong because you're nothing but trash that fights people for fun and games. I wish I wasn't related to some freak of nature-" Peter's phone was snatched from his hands and put on speaker before he could stop it. He glanced up with teary-when did he start crying?- eyes and almost broke down there as Steve fucking Rodgers puts his phone on speaker. "-I wish I never took you in Peter. I wish I hit you harder-wish I'd done more to teach you not to do this. Being a hero is not what you are, you're nothing but a waste of space and ocygen and I hope you know tha-" Steve hung up the phone and Peter let out a loud gut renching sob.

"NO!" He yelled trying to grab the phone. He felt arms around him but he pulled strongly against them, breaking the hold immedately. "No! I DIDN'T GET TO TALK TO HER-I NEED TO TALK TO HER-" He started to hyperventalate. He couldn't hear anyone but stronger arms gripped him, held him in place no matter how hard he thrashed. Steve's lips moved constantly, phone sliding in his pocket as he moved his arms to help restrain the boy by his shoulders. He realised he was being carried backwards and that freaked him out more. "LET ME GO-I NEED TO TALK TO HER-PLEASE" Sobs racked his body as he struggled more. He saw the entrance of his bedroom behind Steve, the door closing on a concerned group of Avengers trying to look in. 

"-ete, please." Bucky's voice rang above him as he felt the super soilder move onto the bed and rest himself against the headboard. He held the boy against him as he struggled. Steve still trying to calm him down.

"Shh...Pete please. Tony'll be here soon and then we'll talk ok, but we need you to calm down son." Steve tries, Peter went to yell immedately but was silenced by Bucky's flesh hand run through his hair. "We need you to breath ok? We need you to calm down." He tried to match his breathing to Steve's. The soilder smiled in return and continued. "Everything's ok. You're safe, nothing is going to happen" He mutters and around 10 minutes of deep breathing, hair petting and embarrsing nicknames later Peter was calm, a fragile silence took over the room.

"I'm here. I'm here!" Tony's voice shatters it, Peter looks over and sniffled and Tony swears his heart stopped at the red eyed boy in a super soilder's death grip. "I had Friday play the audio back, got a set of lungs on you Under-roo's." Tony jokes lightly, his eyes not leaving Peter's. "I'm so sorry kid" He comes over to the end of the bed, a glance at Bucky to let him hug the child. Bucky grunts pulling him closer.