5. BENNY'S

changing up the timeline friends, nothing too big though just to add more drama :))

Got a little hop pov for yall too! warning Allie gets sick, but it's not graphics cause I hate that stuff, literally the grossest thing for me lol. I made it kind of funny too, so hopefully, that helps.

Not edited.

______________________________________________

Allie bounded down the stairs and out of the house towards Karen's red car. She decided that she was going to head to the library to try and read up on paranormal sightings and what not to try to learn about what she saw. Her stomach growled loudly at her as she drove, reminding her that she really didn't eat anything at dinner. Benny's diner lights shone brightly up ahead and she decided to just pop in and get some fries.

She turned on her blinker and pulled into Benny's diner to park. Allie squinted her eyes to read the sign on the door, and she let out a dramatic groan when she realized it was closed. Her eyes then shifted over to a small child eating a hamburger at one of the tables, so maybe it wasn't closed after all. Not to mention there was another car parked around the corner beside Benny's.

With a shrug, she began opening her door until she heard the pop of a gun, and screams. Allie let out a shriek and instantly ducked and shut the door behind her. Her hands shook violently as she tried to insert her keys back into the hole.

She looked up to see the front door open and the small child she saw earlier sprinted out the door. Feeling a wave of protectiveness roll over her, she opened the door briefly, "Hey, kid! Are you okay?" she asked and opened her mouth to offer to take her home until the kid turned around.

The first thing Allie noticed was that the kid was a girl, and her nose was bleeding pretty badly. Allie's eyebrows raised in concern and then the girl flicked her head and Allie's head slammed into the steering wheel effectively knocking her out.

-----

Allie woke to muffled voices and blurred lights. Something was pressed above her eyebrow and she heard the clinging of metal. She cracked open her eyes and immediately recoiled from the person in front of her with a hiss, the image of who was standing in front of her still very blurry.

"Ms. Wheeler?" The blob asked, still sounding very distorted.

She groaned and rapidly blinked her eyes a couple of times, the person before her coming into focus, it was a young cop with glasses.

"Ms. Wheeler, are you alright?" the cop asked her.

She refrained from rolling her eyes, "What do you think?" she read his name tag, "Callahan?"

Callahan blushed and removed the pressure from above her eyebrow, "uh right. Okay, I'll be back," he stuttered, "Don't go anywhere."

She nodded and then saw a couple of scarlet drops fall onto her jeans. She then brought her hand up to her forehead felt a gash above her eyebrow. Allie brought her hand down in front of her face and saw that her fingers were nearly covered in her own bright red blood.

"Allie?" A familiar yet unsettling voice spoke from in front of her, "you seem to have a knack for being at the wrong place at the wrong time."

Allie shakily brought down her hand and looked at Hopper with wide eyes, her face paling, "I'm bleeding," she whispered, completely ignoring his joke. Her started stomach rolling with nausea when she glanced down at her bloody hand again.

Hopper pressed the gauze the Callahan had back to her forehead, "Yeah, head wounds bleed a lot, you may need a couple of stitches after I ask you some questions back at the station."

Allie's head spun at the word 'stitches' but she tried to push away the second wave of nausea that was about to hit her, "okay."

Hopper grabbed her by her upper arm and helped her out of her car and started leading her to his. Allie was leaning heavily on him as they walked to the dinner. She stopped walking when she saw the body bag in the dinner along with a blood splatter that made her shut her eyes.

"Wait, wait," she panted, she clenched her jaw trying not to pass out or puke, she definitely didn't want to any of those in front of Hopper. He's already seen her do enough embarrassing things in the past twenty-four hours.

Hopper stopped and watched her take a few deep breaths while leaning over, he felt the slightest twinge of sympathy but was more focused on the murder of his friend. "You good?"

She nodded, still feeling awful, but hopefully being away from the diner would help her situation. She stumbled a few times as they walked to his car, and she wondered if she had a concussion.

---HOPPER'S POV-----

Once they reached his car, Hopper opened the door and helped her into the passenger seat, his face set in a scowl. He then got into the driver's seat and quickly drove away from the diner. The drive was short, thankfully, cause he could see Allie gripping the armrest tightly, her usual sun-kissed skin, extremely pale.

Hopper knew the tell-tale signs, his ex got terrible morning sickness when she was pregnant. He remembered that she would always be as a pale as a ghost in the morning, all shaky and sweaty as she dizzily stumbled to the bathroom. He would give anything to go back in time, even if it meant dealing with Diane's morning sickness, at least he could experience having his little girl again.

"Hopper!" Allie yelled weakly next to him.

Hopper didn't even realize she was shaking his shoulder since he was too lost in thought.

"Roll down," she paused to take a deep breath, "the damn window, you have the fucking child lock on!"

Hopper raised an eyebrow at her words, his lips twitching into a smile as he rolled down the window, but it was quickly wiped off when she stuck her upper body out the window and got sick and passed out all at once.

"Oh, shit!" he shouted and thankfully parked at the station.

Some car angrily honked as they passed them, furiously cleaning their windshield with cleaning fluid and flipping them the finger.

Hopper grabbed the back of her sweater and pulled her inside, and tried to sit her upright. He raced out of the car and to her side and opened the door, her body slumping into his. He gritted his teeth as he tried to grab her but just ended up hoisting her over his shoulder in frustration. He closed the door with a kick and then pushed on the station door with his hip, wincing when he heard Allie's head bump into the door.

Flo gasped when she watched him walk in with Allie slung over his shoulder like some deer. "Hop! What in heaven's name happened?"

"Allie was at the scene of the murder that got called in, was bringing her in for questioning and she passed out, probably from shock," he grunted as he placed her on the couch in their break room.

He saw Flo peering around him, watching Allie with concern, "I'll go get the medical kit, that cut needs to be cleaned and dressed."

Hopper shrugged off his coat that was dotted with her blood, and placed it by the sink, "I'll get it, you stay on the phones in case any reports come in regarding suspicious behavior. We need to find the killer before the media finds out about it."

Flo nodded and gave one last concerned look in Allie's direction before walking back to her desk.

Hopper propped up Allie's head on an old pillow and grabbed a plastic bin filled with files to place under her legs, so the blood would flow back to her head and she'd wake up. He then grabbed the medical kit from under the sink and popped it open, searching for butterfly band-aids and alcohol wipes. He quickly found what he needed and tossed the kit onto the floor. Hopper tore open the alcohol wipes and started cleaning her cut and the placed three butterfly band-aids on her cut. Now all he had to do was wait for her to get up.

________________________________________________________