7. FALLING

When I write these chapters, I have no idea where it's gonna go lol. I just hope it makes sense in the whole scheme of things lol.

ahh I'm so bad at chapter titles lol

Not edited

___________________________________________________________

Hopper led her out of the station, a firm hand on her shoulder. She winced slightly when his fingers dug into her shoulder.

Allie supposed that she didn't need to go to go to the hospital anymore since he was taking her home. She still thought this whole thing was bullshit. Why would she be involved with Benny's murder?

Hopper opened the door for her, his eyes cold as he watched her climb into the passenger seat, still pretty wobbly.

Allie winced when he slammed the door. She could feel another batch of tears threatening to fall, but she quickly wiped them away as he got into the car. The car rumbled to life and warm air escaped from the air vents, blowing some of her stray hairs back.

The ride was short, but it felt like an eternity. Once Hopper parked his car in front of her house, Allie turned to face him once more.

"I just have to ask again, you really think I could have helped someone kill Benny?" she asked, emphasizing the word kill.

Hopper leaned back in his seat, causing it to creak before looking at her with a blank stare, "How should I know? I have no idea who you are."

Allie pinched the bridge of her nose, trying to alleviate her pounding head, "Right," she paused thinking about telling him about herself but instead another thought popped into her mind, "Well, how could I have helped someone murder Benny if I was at work all day, then with you, and at home till I left to go to the library, huh?" she said sitting up straighter in her seat, realizing she was on to something.

"I told you earlier that we were going to finish this up tomorrow," Hopper said with a deep sigh.

Allie shook her head, "No we can do this now, I have an alibi!" she almost shouted.

Hopper resisted rolling his eyes, "Then why did you lie about what you saw?"

"I didn't lie about any of that stuff! I really did see something trying to come out of my wall!" she paused thinking back to when she drew the picture of the thing earlier today. "I drew a picture-"

"Look, kid, a drawing isn't going to help you convince me that what you saw was real," he grumbled, becoming annoyed because he knew she was right about the alibi.

Allie pursed her lips, "How do you know it wasn't real?" she argued, "at least let me give you the picture, it could help? Maybe the girl I saw, Benny's murder, and Will disappearing is all connected somehow," she said letting her mind wander to some weird possibilities.

Hopper scoffed, "I highly doubt it. We have search parties for Will, he's going to show up."

"Yeah, but it's already been a day and isn't there a saying that after three days you start looking for a body. If he was in Hawkins he should have been found already," she began.

Hopper's stormy eyes flashed with anger, "don't tell me how to do my job."

She held up her hands, "I'm not, just stating facts."

Hopper rolled his eyes, "Okay, that's enough, get out."

Allie scowled at him, "how polite" she whispered sarcastically under her breath before looking at him, "I still think you should take the picture."

Hopper groaned, "do you ever stop talking? You're like a damn mockingbird," he snapped angrily.

Allie frowned at him, "Well, you're an ass!" she lamely retorted.