6. SUSPECT

oooh, the tension rises lol also I like writing hop as an ass, cause he kind of is in the beginning of season one.

Also, this took a WILD turn, that I was not even expecting, but I kind of like it???? I mean it's too late to change it now since it's published, but let me know what you guys think about it.

not edited

____________________________________________

Allie woke with a groan, her hands going up to her temples to soothe her pounding headache. Her caramel eyes taking in her surrounds, and she suddenly realized she didn't know where she was, which made panic rush into her chest. She sat up quickly and felt another wave of dizziness hit her, and she immediately went back down with another groan of pain.

The sound of heavy footsteps approached her and she saw the unmistakeable stormy blue eyes of Chief Hopper staring down at her. Then she remembered what happened in the car and her cheeks heated up, will she ever stop embarrassing herself in front of him?

"How are you feeling?" he asked her.

"To be honest, like shit. This is worse than any hangover I've ever had," she said honestly and shut her eyes.

Hopper nodded and narrowed his eyes at her before walking away. Then, the lights were off.

Allie turned her head to look at him, her heart starting to race in confusion and fear. Why did he turn the lights off? She watched his silhouette walk over to the sink and fill up a glass of water before returning to the seat in front of her.

"Why did you turn off the lights?" she squeaked.

"You have a concussion," he said blandly and then placed the glass of water by her on the floor, "drink that."

Allie sat up slowly and grabbed the glass of water, feeling very confused. Why was he taking care of her? What was even happening right now? Did she actually fall into a coma and this was one of those weird coma dreams she heard about? She sipped the water and looked in his direction, "How do you know I have a concussion?"

"I've had them before," he said as he folded his arms over his chest, "Tell me about what happened tonight."

Allie gulped, oh right, the murder, "Um I was going to the library to prepare a new lesson plan" she lied, well partially, she couldn't say she was going to read up on parinoraml accurances, "As I was driving I saw Benny's diner and I was pretty hungry, so I stopped to get some fries or something," she paused, remembering the little girl from the diner, and a gut feeling told her not to tell Hopper about her, "Um then I heard gunshots as I was getting out, and my door was still open," she took a deep breath, this was the lie that had to count, and she was not a very good liar, "then some hooded figure came out and before I could do anything, they knocked me out."

Jim hummed and she was hoping that he believed her.

"So the murderer ran out the front of the diner?" he asked, his voice low.

Allie nodded, "Yeah," her voice was small, and a sweat broke out above her upper lip. She was now thankful that the lights were off.

"That's funny, cause the evidence shows that the murderer ran out the back of the diner. So, let's try this again, what happened?" Hopper growled and leaned forward in his seat.

Allie pushed herself further back into the couch she was sitting on, "You won't believe me," she mumbled, thinking back to the little girl that somehow made her smash her face into her steering wheel.

Hopper scoffed, "that's the second time you've told me that today. I suggest you tell me the truth, it's against the law to lie to a cop," he threatened.

Allie felt a pang of fear and surprisingly anger course through her. Why was he being such an ass? "Fine," she snapped, getting his attention, "You want the truth, fine," she sat up straighter and placed the water glass on the ground, "I saw a little girl with a shaved head run out of the diner, she did something that made me smash my head into the steering wheel. While I'm at it, I saw something trying to push it's way out of my classroom wall earlier today. Does that answer your question?"

"Are you serious? Is this a joke to you?" Hopper retorted angrily and gripped the sides of his chair angrily.

Allie sharply inhaled, "Why the hell would I make something up like that?"

"I don't know, you tell me! Honestly, it sounds like something out of the twilight zone!" Hopper yelled.

Hot anger settled in Allie's stomach and she snapped, she had enough of his attitude towards her. She didn't care if this was an interview because last time she checked she needed to be in an actual interrogation room for it to count, "Whatever, I'm leaving, and technically you can't hold me here," she snapped and shakily stood to her feet and dizzily stumbled to the door that she could barely make out in the dark.

Hopper stood up too, kicking the rolly chair he was sitting on causing it to loudly hit the wall behind him. It took only a few strides for him to reach her and she yelped when he gripped her upper arm and yanked her back, causing her to fall into him.

Allie gripped his uniform tightly to balance herself and then roughly shoved him, causing him to only take a couple of steps back from her. "What the hell! I told you the truth!" she shouted, her head starting to hurt even more.

"That was shit," he snarled and tightened his grip on her upper arm, trying to get her to sit back down.

"This is so illegal, you know one of my friends is in law school and I can so sue your ass," she hissed angrily.

Hopper let out a scoff, "He can't do shit when you're a suspect."

Allie's mouth dropped in shock, a suspect. He really thought she was part of the murder of Benny? "You think I had something to do with this?" her voice starting to shake.

"How can I not?" he responded quietly, "everything that happened to you today could have something to do with the murder, and you keep lying to me about what you saw. It just makes sense that you are connected to this somehow."

Allie sniffled, her eyes starting to water, and now the last thing she wanted to do was cry in front of him. Yet, here she was, starting to cry. She bit her lip, hard, trying to keep in the cries that were rising in her chest. Although that didn't work out very well, one whimper escaped and then she was all tears.

Hopper winced at her cries, not really sure what to do. The foreign feeling of guilt settled in his stomach as he listened to her cry in front of him. He was just glad he didn't have to see her tear stained face or else his resolve might crack.

Just then Flo opened the door and flipped on the lights, "what in all that is holy is going on in here?"

Allie looked up at Hopper, her caramel eyes red-rimmed and fat tears rolled down her rosy cheeks, "That's bullshit, and you know it," she said with a whimper.

Flo gasped, "You made the poor girl cry! Jim, look at her!" she cooed and rushed over to Allie wrapping an arm around her shoulders, "are you okay, sweetie?"

Hopper folded his arms as he watched Allie's shoulder shake as she cried and shot Flo a look that told her to leave, "Flo, she's a suspect."

Flo adjusted her glasses and glared at him, "This sweet young lady a suspect!" her voice was shrill with anger.

Jim sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "Flo, I need you to leave," his voice starting to rise in irritation.

Flo narrowed her eyes angrily, and then patted Allie's shoulder before reluctantly walking out of the room, and leaving them alone again.

Hopper looked back at Allie, "C'mon I'll take you home, just don't leave town and I'll be back tomorrow to bring you in for more questioning."

Allie's shoulders slumped in pure raw sadness. She felt so useless against Hopper now, everything that she said, he didn't believe. He was falsely accusing her of being associated with something that she had no involvement in, and he didn't believe her. How was she going to tell her family that she was a suspect in a murder? She would lose her job, her life. All because he wouldn't believe her when she was telling the truth.

_______________________________________________________

Oooh so do we hate hop now? I mean I'm a little mad lol