more than a like like

After sitting in the hospital waiting room for 2 and a half hours and finding out that Dalton had fractured his ankle, we were allowed to enter into his room. He was laying on top of the covers with a bright green cast on his right leg. "You're really working that gown my friend." He playfully glared at me. "Shut up." The corner of his lips turned upward. "You know I can't thank you enough for saving my life." He extended his arms out and pulled me into a hug. Then he lightly kissed my cheek, sending chills down my spine. I jumped when I heard the door creak open. "Sorry to interrupt, but Dalton you are free to go." The doctor said quietly.  I got up from the bed and left him to change.

    Once Dalton appeared wearing his black skinny jeans, blue tshirt, and assisted by his crutches, we headed to his mom's car. "Lilly, I want to thank you for your bravery today. Would it be alright with your parents if we went for frozen yogurt?" Mrs. Rapattoni asked. "I'm sure my mom wouldn't care, I'll just text her to tell her where I'm going." She nodded, "Ok, how about your dad? Will he mind?" I saw Dalton's suddenly sad expression. He shook his head as to warn her not to ask. "My dad actually passed away 8 years ago." She gave her a knowing smile. "Honey, I am so sorry. I know exactly what you are going through. My father passed away when I was 10." It was nice to talk to someone who had the same experience as me. "I'm sorry. It's so hard sometimes, when I see happy families all with both parents. I don't know why I didn't deserve to have a father for most of my life." She patted my shoulder. "It's not that you don't deserve a father, it's just that you are strong enough to live without one. And remember that he is always watching you and I know he is proud of what you did today." I thanked her and we headed to 'Iceberg Fro Yo'.              

       Dalton's mom gave us money and dropped us off. Once we ate we would walk to my house which was half a mile away. "After you." dalton held the door open for me, which was quite a challenge considering his hands were supporting his crutches. As we walked into the colorful yogurt place, we were greeted by the annoying voice of Katrina. "Dalton! I didn't know you were still in town." He fake smiled and she suddenly noticed I was there too. "Oh Lilliana, what a surprise to see you here." She looked down at Dalton's cast. "Did she do this to you?" She asked Datlon. It took all my strength to keep myself from pounding her pretty little face. "No I had a little surfing mishap, but without Lilly's help I wouldn't be here right now." I smiled up at him and could see the jealousy in Katrina's eyes. "What a cute story. Do you mind if I sit with you guys?" She asked. "Actually we were just going to grab our yogurt and go. But it was nice talking to you." Thank goodness I had Dalton to make an excuse or I would have went all psycho chick. "Oh well see you around Dalton. You have my number." She waved and walked off like she was on a catwalk. Ugh, she disgusted me. "Well that was awkward." I rolled my eyes. "Tell me about it."

      We 'strolled' down the palm tree lined side walk eating our delicious yogurt. I felt bad for poor Dalton who hobbled along. I was eating my favorite cake batter and pineapple on top and he had chocolate mouse and brownie chunks on top. I tried a bite of his and I knew I had found my new favorite yogurt. "Eat your own." He joked pushing my spoon into my cup. "Sorry." I giggled. "So you're leaving in two days?" I questioned hoping that wasn't true. "Yep, so let's make the best of today and tomorrow!" I didn't know how he could be so happy, but I was sure he missed his home and friends, specifically band mates.

     We walked into my house and tried to think of something fun to do. "Hey, I got it!" Dalton blurted out. "What?" I had no idea what he was thinking about. "You have a guitar right?" I didn't know what he was getting at but I nodded. "So why don't we have a jam session? We can even get the guys to join in on Skype." I wasn't so sure about his idea but he looked so excited that I agreed. "Fine." I said.    ---------------------------------------------------------------

   "Lilly!" Cole screamed like the crazy teen he was. "Hey cole, how's everything?" I could tell that he was now in Austria, he was so lucky to get to travel. "Awesome, it's so beautiful here. I bet its pretty there too." I nodded. "How are the waves Dalton?" Will asked. We both laughed and all the boys had confused expressions. "Well let's just say they were a little rough today." I lowered the screen so they could see his cast. "Aw man what happened?" Gabe looked concerned. "I hit a bad wave and totally ate it. Thankfully Lilly came to my rescue." I blushed. "Yay Lilly!" Shouted Dana. These guys always made me smile. "It was nothing." Dalton shook his head. "It was definitely something. So anyways, let's get this party started!" They all started yelling random things and being weirdos.

      For the first couple of songs I was shy and sang softly, but then I got to be comfortable singing around them and had fun with it.

Dana: ya ya ya ya, her beauty's crazy, I watch her from the crowd, her voice is so amazing, she make her momma proud, I try to send her flowers but she has no address, her home is my heart, it's like she never left

Me: This is more than a crush, more than a like like more than a love, baby ima make you mine and I ain't giving up(2x)

All: Don't run away, Dont run away from the truth cuz I'm not giving up on you (2x) shawty you got fire but I'm preaching to the choir, I know you know the whole world is watching you, so Don't run away, don't run away from the truth, cuz i'm not giving up on you.

Gabe: They say true love is blind, that real romance is timeless, you're like my favorite movie, play it and rewind it, cuz baby you're the finest your love I'm gonna find it, and when I do run away with you somewhere where they can't fine us

Will:This is more than a crush, more than a like like more than a love, baby ima make you mine an I ain't giving up(2x) *all chorus*

Dalton: Normally I couldn't turn your head that's why I had to write this instead, let's be friends, start out slow, get to know you beyond your glow, you're more than meets the eye, girl you're pterodactyl fly, way back when you knew my name, the truth is what I bring*all chorus*

   "That was sweet!" Dalton and cole said at the same time and then laughed. "Lilly that was amazing, you should be our 6th member." That sounded pretty cool but I knew he was joking. "Thanks, that was so much fun!" After that we sang BrokenHearted by Karmin, Just a Kiss by Lady Antebellum, and What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. Will loves One Direction and so do I but it took some begging for the other guys to sing with us. I wasn't surprised when they knew all the words. A little while later the doorbell rang and it was Dalton's mom. He hugged me and then left. I ran back to my laptop. " Alright guys, he's gone, now tell me the good stuff." They all laughed at me. "Well Dalton never stops talking about you, whether we are texting him or chatting with him on facebook, or tweeting him." Will said and they all nodded. "Ya, he's got a major crush on you." Cole stated. I wasn't sure what to say to that. "So what about you?" Dana asked. "Huh?" I was lost in thought. "Do you like him?" He winked at me. I wasn't much for sharing my feelings, especially with people I hardly knew. "Um, I don't know." Ok, even I knew I was lying, but I wasn't about to tell them that. "Ya right, we see the way you two act around each other." Gabe said. "Ok fine, I guess I really like Dalton. But if any of you tell him, you're dead." They all took my threat seriously and pretended to lock their lips.