pajamas

Alessandra's POV

When Neymar and I slip back into the little gathering in honor of Davi, almost everyone immediately averts their eyes, and starts to talk about things that are obviously random and unrelated to.... Anything. Neymar shakes his head, laughing, before heading over to his son. Rafaella comes flying at me from the right of me, grabbing my arm, "Can you help me?" She whispers, "I forgot to wrap Davi's presents!" I raise an eyebrow, "Don't worry, so did I." We rush up the stairs, and she immeadiately heads down a hallway I hadn't been down, "Rafaella, my room is this way." I say, pointing down the shorter hallway. "Are you serious?" She asks, raising her eyebrows. I nod. "Oh... Well I'll meet you in there."

After wrapping Davi's gifts, we go down the stairs, right in time to answer the front door. "Should I?" I ask, turning to Rafealla. "Yeah, I'm gonna go put these on the table." she says, walking away carefully with an armful of gifts. So I open the door, coming face to face with Carolina Dantas digging in her purse frantically, "Sorry I'm late, something came up with my mom and.. Stuff." She sighs, finally looking up at me at the end of her sentence. I smile, "Hi Carolina." She grins, "Oh my god, Alesandra, it's so nice to see you." She says, before pulling me into a hug. "You too." I say, stepping to the side and letting her walk in. We walk into the living room together, and Davi immediately runs to his mothers arms. "Hi, baby boy." She coos to him, kissing his cheek. Sending one last smile their way, I walk away and head towards the kitchen.

I'm surprised to see Neymar at the counter, his finger slowly scraping frosting off of the massive car themed cake. "Neymar!" I exclaim, rushing toward him and gently slapping his hand away. "What?" He asks calmly, before licking the frosting off his finger. "Are you serious? You're eating your son's cake before he can even see it." I scold. "What do you mean? This is tradition." I roll my eyes, "That's a horrible excuse." He shakes his head, "No it's not. I test it out and see if Davi will like it. You keep going and I guarantee he won't!" I raise an eyebrow. He smiles, and then turns around, grabbing some silverware out of a drawer. "Watch." He says, as he starts to smooth out the patch of frosting he took from, "Simple as that." "Unbelievable."

"What's unbelievable?" We look up as his mom comes into the kitchen, and takes the cake out of Neymar's reach. "San was just saying how unbelievable it is that Davi's getting older so quickly." Neymar says smoothly, a serious look on his face. I turn towards him, and cross my arms, and he just smiles. "I know, a couple years go by so quickly." She remarks, before picking up the cake and leaving the room.

"So, anyway, what were you looking for?" Neymar asks suddenly, turning towards me with an eyebrow slightly raised. I look away from his gaze, "Just a water, I guess." I say mostly to myself. "Well you don't have to yell about it." He says sarcastically, before leaving me standing in the kitchen.

*•*•*•*

After everything had settled down, Davi going to sleep in a happy delirium, Duda falling asleep in an extremely uncomfortable looking position on the couch, and sending all of Davi's friends home with enough candy to last a year, I decide to call it a night.

"I think I'm going to have to agree---with you." Neymar says, interrupting himself with a loud yawn. "I'm going to grab something from the car and then Davi and I are going to hit the hay." Carolina says, stretching. Neymar blinks a couple times, opening his mouth slowly, "Actually.. Alessandra is staying in the room you usually do." He informs her. "Oh." She says, raising her eyebrows, "I guess I'll take a different one." I awkwardly shift my weight, "I-I can switch rooms if that makes you more comfortable." I offer quietly to Carolina. "It's too late to be talking about this!" Neymar whines suddenly. "Okay then." Carolina mutters under her breath and heads towards the front door. "Let's go to sleep." Neymar says quietly, rubbing his eyes. A blush coats my cheeks, and I watch as he walks away as if what he just said isn't awkward. Maybe I'm just overthinking his comment. He doesn't mean that at all. He turns, looking at me expectantly, "You just gonna stand there all night?" He asks, a hint of a smirk playing on his lips. I wrap my arms around my torso and follow him up the stairs, cheeks burning.

We split up after walking down the short hallway, and he's quick to slam his door after him. Unable to hold a sigh in, I walk into my room, and gently shut the door after me. Taking the beanie off of my head, I throw it onto the large dresser against the wall. I slowly walk over to the duffle bags on my bed, and dig through them for pajamas. Finding none, I slap my forehead, eyes squeezed shut. Who forgets pajamas?!

"Ney?" I ask softly, barely knocking on the door. I take a step back and wait for a good two minutes. The door finally opens, and Neymar stands in front of me, his hair somehow already messy and yawning. I try not to laugh, and ignore his bare chest. "What did you say?" He asks squinting to look at me. "I forgot pajamas." I say sheepishly. He raises an eyebrow, before laughing quietly, "You what?" I cross my arms, "You heard me." He shakes his head yes, laughs still escaping his lips, "Yeah, but it's just so funny---say it again!" He says, practically howling with laughter. "What is so funny about the fact that I forgot pajamas?" I demand, throwing my arms up. He giggles. I sigh and turn around, going back into my room, slamming the door in his laughing face.

I cross my arms fussily, but before I can throw a full out temper tantrum about my mostly horrible day, my door opens. Neymar stands in the doorway, a small smile on his face, holding out a pile of clothes. "Are..are these yours?" I ask quietly. "Yeah," he answers and seems to reconsider his move, "I didn't want to try to wake Rafaella up. You know how she is... She doesn't wake up until at least two. Is this okay? I can ask Carolina for some of hers." I take the clothes from his hands, "No, it's okay, they should fit just fine." I tease. "Whatever." He says, squinting at me, before turning to leave the room. "Neymar, wait." I blurt. He turns, looking back at me expectantly, "Hmm?" "Thanks." I say quietly. "You're welcome, San." He says with a grin, before reaching out and grabbing my hand. "What-" I'm cut off suddenly as he pulls me into a hug, his arms wrapped around me tightly before he kisses my forehead, "Good night." He says quietly. "Uh.. Good night." I murmur uncomfortably. He slowly lets me go, before flashing me a smile. "Unpack, alright? We're all hoping you'll stay awhile." He says, gesturing to my bags still full of clothes. I nod sheepishly, and he leaves the room, gently closing the door behind him.

The pile of clothes turns out to be warm ups, and random shirts or sweaters bearing the Nike insignia. I pull the clothes onto my body, the pants hanging off my waist and the shirt falling off my shoulder. But I can't bring myself to give a crap. I pull my hair into a messy bun, to the point that not all of my hair is even up. As I walk to the bed, I pass the mirror and stop dead in my tracks. I turn, and stare at myself.

Looking at my reflection, I see a shadow of the happy girl I was last year. I didn't mind staying in the house all day wearing my fiancées clothes without makeup on my face and a disaster I called hair. I had Neymar and we were happy. I didn't care that I cleaned a lot, or that I was Davi's third parent--I was happy. I was gonna get married.

And if I'm honest with myself, I wanna be that girl again.

___________________________

A/N: Just a little necessary filler.

OMG. NEYMAR IS HURT! I SOBBED! I CANT BELIEVE IT!

life isn't fair.

Anyway.

Vote, & review please!