please?

I wake up to the opening and closing of drawers, the sun shining brightly on my face. Yawning, I open one eye. Neymar is going through my drawers, taking no notice of just how loud he is. "Ney.. what are you doing?" I ask quietly. "I'm looking for my shirts. My mom thought it would be funny to put them all in here." he says, drawing my attention to his lack of one. "Well.. hurry up and find one." I mumble, and turn around. All shuffling stops, and I peek at him. "Are you.. Complaining?" He scoffs incredulously. "Um, yeah, actually." He cocks his head, raising his eyebrows, "Oh really?" I look up at him, "Did you go deaf, Ney?" His jaw drops, "Unbelievable!" I laugh, and pull the covers over my head.

The bed dips, and I peek out quizzically. "Take it back." Neymar suddenly whispers in my ear. I squeal in surprise, turning to face him. He laughs, pretty much straddling me and acting as if it's nothing. "What are you doing?!" I demand, almost shouting. His arms on either side of me, he leans over me, "Take it back, San." he prods. "Are you serious?!" Grinning he nods, "Of course! We both know you didn't mean it, so just take it back!" Loud laughter escapes my lips, and I wrap my arms around my stomach. Neymar only makes it worse by tickling my sides, as I try to turn from him, "Stop! Please stop!" I exclaim, happy tears falling down my cheeks.

Taking a couple deep breaths to recover, I look back up at him, only to find all traces of humor gone. "Ney? What's wrong? Is your leg okay?" I ask quickly trying to glance at his injured limb. His hand caresses my cheek, and I look up into his eyes. I couldn't tell what he was thinking.. what the emotions were shining through his eyes. "Ney?" I mumble. "I've missed your smile." he responds, a small smile of his own appearing. My cheeks burn, my eyes widening, "What?" he chuckles quietly, closing the distance between us, his cheek brushing against mine, "I'm the one who went deaf?" A forced breath escapes my lips, and I slowly close my eyes, "I missed yours too." I whisper truthfully. His thumb brushes over my jaw, his warm lips briefly passing over my neck. I hold in a gasp, eyes opening wide.

Bittersweet memories flash in my mind, my eyes closing against them and the current situation. Turning my head away, tears flood my eyes, and my hands clench into fists, my body rigid. The bed dips again as Neymar gets up silently. I immediately wipe away the tears that fall wrapping my arms around my torso.

A drawer opens. I sit up, on the edge of the bed, my hair falling around me, shielding Neymar from view. "I'm sorry." He says, his voice filling the still air. "It's okay." I mumble, my voice breaking. A scoff escapes his mouth, and he pulls on a shirt, "No, it really isn't... I know." He says, voice full of strained emotions before he leaves the room.

*•*•*

Walking into the kitchen, I see Neymar staring into the refrigerator blankly. "Ney?" I mumble. He clears his throat, and glances at the wall before looking at me, "Yeah?" I smile softly, "I'll make you breakfast. You're supposed to be resting." I say, and walk over to him. Gently, I push him away from the refrigerator, and take one of his hands in mine, giving it a firm squeeze. He takes a deep breath and nods, eyes boring into mine before he walks away.

As I gather things to make him breakfast, the scene from upstairs repeats in my head. I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I mean.. it's not like I was freaking out about it or anything, but it did surprise me to say in the least bit. And it's not that I didn't like the affection and care he was showing, but I don't think it's the best idea. The reason we broke up might seem small and insignificant now, but it still happened... And if I hadn't turned away.. anything could've happened. I can't say if I had let it gone any further I would've been able to stop it either.. If he had actually kissed me.. I think I would've completely caved.

But you can't blame me... I never said that I stopped loving him. Being with a person and loving them are two completely different things. Even when they shouldn't be.