Chapter 1

Hii so this is a story I am doing with/for a lovely friend of mine! So lots of credit and thanks to her. Peace and love~ Ashley

Paul's POV

Sweat is beading on my face dampening my hair and making it stick to the top of my head. The air fairly cool but bouncing around the stage really burns us up. Everything is going smoothly so far, the crowd seems to be enjoying us. Soon the song is over and I look out to them. Many attendants are just teenage birds, but one person in particular happens to catch my eye. A man, with the most perfect light brown quiff. He has these deep blue eyes and a bit of stubble, almost a short beard. He has a nose thats on the larger side, but fits him just right, and very nice lips to complete the array of attractive features. He stands near the back, not looking too impressed. Its strange, but something inside me feels the urge to change that.

The whole room seems to go silent. I feel his stare on me, as if there is something I am supposed to say to him.

"Paul," George nudges my ribs lightly.

"Wh-what?" The microphone feedback rings a little. I realize I have been staring the whole time. He looks to the floor, smirking, knowing my distraction is because of him.

"You're suposed to introduce yourself!" George whispers again.

"Oh, right, right! And I- I'm Paul, Paul McCartney!" I stutter. The birds all giggle flirtatiously. But I don't really care about them. See, I'm not exactly into girls. I haven't been since I met John, my boyfriend of three years and our band's lead singer.

After everyone had been properly introduced we jump into the next song. I'm afraid I didn't do my best for the rest of the night, I was too captivated by the mystery man in the crowd. I just hope John didn't notice... I could be in big trouble if he did.

We are a new thing here in Hamburg, and we have been working our asses off to make an impression. If I screw this up he will be angry. Worse, if he notices that I was looking at another man he will see to it that I pay. He has always been kind of possesive but he has become a lot worse lately. With a new town comes new people, and a greater amout of hype, apperently generating a new and worsening additude. Its all going to his head I think. He is doing more drinking and flirting with a lot more people.

I'm pretty used to him flirting with birds... I know he truely loves only me (at least thats what he tells me). And I love him. I have since we met. The thing I have trouble with is when he does it right in front of me. But he says we will attract more attention if we pretend they actually have a shot at us.

It also sort of worries me how close he has become with a certain group of people he has gotten to know through Stu and Stu's new girlfriend, Astrid. Most of them are very artsy and quiet. I just don't really get them. But John seems to get on with them quite well. Especially with one man in particular, Klaus Voorman. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I think John may like him as more than just a friend... I trust John though. He wouldn't cheat, right?

As for me, I don't currently want to be with anyone else. Of corse I couldn't if I did want to. John gets extremely jealous. He says I am his. It used to seem sweet and loving but now it seems like just another way to make me into an object of possession.

Soon the show is over and we head back to our broom closet of a living space. We walk in and John closes the door behind us. Immediatly he is standing in front of me, "what the hell was that tonight, Paul?!"

"I- I don't know. I'm sorry, John," I desperately try to come up with an explanation but I have none.

"You know there's a lot riding on this! I can't have ye pulling an amature move like that! Ye were total crap!" he yells.