Chapter 9

"So want to tell me why I am in the room with the man who caused all of us so much pain." Damon collapsed on to one of the couches.

"I need your help, and I can't talk to anyone else, because they won't go to the length that you will." Klaus sighed.

"I'm listening."

"Well first we need a witch."

"How about me?" Davina said from the corner, making both men jump.

"Sorry but I am not going to cause another brother pain." Klaus groaned.

"Look here's how I see it, you need a witch, I'm a witch.  If you remember when Kol was with the ancestors, I went through and got him.  I can go talk to your mother." Davina stated.

Damon looked at Klaus, who reluctantly nodded, Davina beamed.

"Okay so I will be in charge of keeping Marcellus and Kol from coming after you." Klaus smirked. "I have a power to annoy people into not asking questions."

"We know." Davina and Damon answered together, and Klaus' rolled his eyes.

"Damon, you will stay with Davina, and be her link to the land of the living.  Let's hope no one will kill me.  Try and get to New Orleans as quickly as you can." Klaus said and left the room.

"Why do we have to go there?" Damon asked the girl as they walked down the stairs.

"Esther was buried in ancestral grounds in New Orleans.  This means that she would have to be in the after world that was created for the ones who came before us.  If we are to find her it is there." Davina stated as they walked out of the mansion.  Marcel, Elijah, Kol, and Finn stopped their conversation to look at them.

"Creepy." Damon shuddered and Davina rolled her eyes.

"Get in the car." She commanded, climbing into the passenger seat.

Kol looked at Damon who nodded, all of the men turned to see Klaus nod back at him.  Damon turned and climbed into the car.

--

"Esther?" Davina called.  She looked down at Damon who had her hand in his, humming slightly to the theme song of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.  Davina chuckled, she was never going to let him live this down.

She walked out of the old church, and began towards the cemetery, she sighed 'If I was a thousand year old witch where would I be?'

"Esther, please, it's important?!"

"If it was truly that important, you might try opening your eyes to see that I am right next to you." Esther said coldly from her spot by the grave.

"Look, I don't like you and you don't like me, but I need your help."

"I don't want to give it, you are just wasting your time." Esther said and began to walk away.

"If you don't help me, the last doppelgänger will die, and the way to rid the world of your children and vampires will disappear." Davina said, bending the truth.

"What happened?" Esther asked, still not turning around.

"A witch--A siphon, put her friend into a coma, and if we don't find a way to successfully break the link.  Elena will kill herself so her friend can be awakened. " Davina liked lying.

"I will help you on one condition."

"That is?"

"You must find the other doppelgänger and bring her to me."

"Okay, but why do you need Katherine?"

"She is my key to getting what I truly want."

--