Chapter 1- Patience is a Virtue

"Let's begin." With a confident smile, Nagisa opened his attendance book without addressing what he had just done to the most popular student in class.

"What the fuck just happened!?" A student near the midsection of the crowd yelled.

"Please refrain from using that kind of language in my classroom." Replied Nagisa kindly. "Aoki Haruto?"

After not receiving a response for a few seconds, Nagisa sighed. "Mr. Aoki, I'm afraid I'll have to mark you absent if you don't make your presence known."

This prompted a tentative hand to be raised near the crowd's rear.

As Nagisa marked a check beside Haruto's name, a scared voice attempting to be brave spoke out. "What do you mean we have until graduation."

"Well to kill me of course. Chiba Riku?" Nagisa was more confident after stunning the student. He felt more in control, imagining himself as Korosensei.

Another hand rose.

"Kill you?"

"Well I've found it to be a good classroom dynamic to have the teacher in fear of their life," Smiled Nagisa, "But I suppose that you need a stipulation. If you manage to put me in a situation where I have no chance to escape or survive and get into the top 50 of this school, I'll pass the entire class with an A. Hiyashi Haru?"

Now the class reacted in some way other than confusion. Immediately, a sharpened pencil flew at Nagisa's head, the buzz of excitement ignoring the second requisite of the deal.

Like a viper, Nagisa stuck two fingers out; plucking the makeshift weapon out of the air without even the beginnings of a flinch.

"Calm down, you need to consider your weapon first. A pencil is going to pierce my eye at most; hardly a deadly tool." Nagisa placed the pencil on his desk. "Ikeda Hinata?"

More projectiles launched at Nagisa as he marked down the hand's presence. Cleanly and quickly, Nagisa lifted his book up to block the barrage of erasers and rubber bands. "I can tell you all missed the fact that you need to both kill me and get into the top 50. Ito Kaito?"

There was a final pen that Nagisa blocked with the pen he was using to write.

"The top 50!?"

"Kimura Asahi?"

"Sir, you do realize the top rating anybody here has is 76th, right?" A person Nagisa had previously identified as Hiyashi Haru wondered timidly.

"You can call me Mr. Nagisa." Nagisa mentally took note of the fact that Haru had spoken up despite seeming shy. "And I am confident that you will all be able to improve drastically. I was actually in a very similar situation to yours when I was in junior high. Although, I'll admit that the facilities and materials were better than what you have. Murakami Reo? Nakamura Touma? Nishimura Yuuto?" All of the names were met with raised hands.

A few names and questions later and Nagisa raised an eyebrow. "Wada Niko?"

That was the first girl name that he'd encountered, but no one was claiming it as their own.

"She's not here today." A feminine voice, blocked by the blockade of male students, answered the question Nagisa had been about to ask.

"Ah, well then I assume that you have to be Yokoyama Aoi." Nagisa marked down a check and an x.

"In the flesh." Responded Aoi.

"Wada Itsuki?"

"Also not here. They're twins." A different person, Ueda Sora, spoke up.