Chapter 14: A Good Cry Can Heal

Lucina's POV

The metal of the chains on my wrists rubbed and irritated my skin. My pale skin was a soft pink. I was uncomfortably held down in a carriage.

But, at least, I was alive and breathing.

It was three weeks after meeting Mother and figuring out Morgan and Alex sided with Plegia. I had replayed the events that happened over and over in my head. From Alex's mood changes to Mother's declaration that she had something in mind of what she would do to me.

But, the words that stuck out to me the most, "I banish her from our family.  She doesn't want us, anyway.  Why should we try and turn her?  We should just kill her and get it over with," burned in my mind. Alex really was the person that had kill all those people. She didn't care who she killed. If they were a threat or someone who opposed her ideas, she would hurt or kill them. She would kill me without hesitation. If it weren't for Morgan, I would be with Naga.

They opposed the other one so much. My younger siblings were at each other throats and, obviously, had different ways of thinking now. But, I wish Alex would have just killed me; the waiting and anticipation is agony.

All I could do was wait and watch out the window. They limited my interaction with any human beings. The only people I saw were the servants who brought me food and Morgan. He came the first week and tried to convince me to join them and the Plegians. Every time I refused and said that I would never be welcomed. Morgan would just frown and slam the door. The final day he came, he said, "Fine! If you want to die an orphan, then do it! I don't care! I'm the one that left you behind in the first place!" That, again, made me think and wonder what would happen if I hadn't chosen this path.

Out my window, I stared my Ylisstol, hoping for a sign for an end to this harsh captivity. But, nothing happened. No one came to rescue me.

So, here I was, in a carriage, on my way to who knows where. 'I bet this is what Mother - no, Lady Robin - had in mind.' I watched the lush green hills of Ylisse turn into the deserts of Plegia.

The sun set right as we crossed the Plegian border. My captors decided that it was time to stop for night, and the two men watching me forced me out of the carriage. When I looked up, I saw that we were once again at the fort that we were at the night that changed our lives. Fort Vahullu.

I shook off my plain white dress, but it was stained brown when I was pushed out from the dirt. The men grabbed my arms and walked me inside. Everyone stared at me: the soldiers stationed at the fort and those who came with us, the servants, and, most importantly, Lady Robin, Alex, and Morgan. They all glared. I averted my gaze and sulked inside.

They lead me to a room with two beds and no windows. I sat down on one of the bed.  I sighed as the door slammed shut. 

An hour passed, but it seemed like eons because of the dread.  There was an knock on the door.  I relieved that someone had come, even if they were the enemy.  I feared that I would go insane. 

The door opened, and a servant walked in.  But, there was something strange about the servant.  She smiled at me.  There was a familiar air around her.  Her petite body and wavy brown hair was nostalgic.  It took me a second to realize who she was. 

"Lyra!" I whispered.  Her face lit up at my realization.  Lyra was a servant who worked in the castle.  Though she was not high up, I saw her on a daily basis.  She was in charge of cleaning my room.  Over the twelve years of my life, she had become one of my closest friends.