Kousetsu Samonji x Depressed! Reader! -Not enough-

As always, (Name) woke up refreshed and satisfied with the warm aura the citadel has always been emitting since she started being the saniwa in the citadel. It was always like that. The citadel, their home waa always filled with smiles and laughter. It was supposed to be like that.

So why, why, right now, the citadel is evident of frustrations, desperation, and sadness? Oh, it was because it was what the whole citadel was feeling.

Earlier that day, just when the expedition team was just about to leave, enemies suddenly ambushed their headquarters. Because of the sudden attack, they were not able to get ready fast. And to everyone's relief, no one have been decapitated, yet.

(Name) was trying her best to fight off enemies while at the same time looking out for the little tantous and wakizashis with her, even though earlier they were just telling stories about their 'Ichi-nii' and harvesting ripen berries, no one would believe that they are, right now, fighting for their lives.

So far, so good, there were only minor casualties like scratches and that made (Name) breath a sigh of relief, for a second. But suddenly, she got this kind of feeling like something very bad will happen, like very.

And that's when she lost sight of the whole citadel's sweetheart boy, Gokotai.

(Name)'s blood ran cold and started to look around the room like a mother who just lost her son, which is what her situation is right now. To her slight relief, the supposed to be expedition team arrived just then. Turning to the team's captain, she ordered,

"Kousetsu! Please look out for the others! I'm going to look for Gokotai!"

The said person turned to look at her and before he could even answer a reply, (Name) was already dashing towards the door.

______________________

Moments later, she found did found Gokotai, good news. The bad news is, he's surrounded by enemies.

"Gokotai!"

Heering his name being called, Gokotai turned around and the tears already in his eyes fell.

"Aruji-sama!"

(Name) reached for him and put him behind her. Patting his back for reassurance. (Name) gave out a tired smile and looked for any fatal injuries Gokotai has, only then dud she notice the boy clutching his stomach. She looled closesly and saw a quite deep wound. She frowned at this and glared towards the opposing team towards her. 'How dare they.'

"Gokotai, please stay here."

With a pat on Gokotai's head, (Name) leaped at an enemy tantou that was the one closest to her and slashed it fast, before it could dodge. Bending her body slightly to the other side to gain balance, she immediately jumps at her next target the moment she regains it. When she did a backflip to avoid an attack, the enemy saw this opportunity to surround her. (Name) was unfazed and brought out talismans from her obi and send it flying towards the enemy swords surrounding her. Too focused on what was in front of her, (Name) didn't notice an awataguchi sprinting towards her with a sword ready to strike her down. But Gokotai did.

"A-aruji-sama! Look out!"

(Name) finished off the enemy that she thought was the last one when Gokotai called out to her. Turning around, she could watch in horror as Gokotai pushed her aside and have the sword inplanted on his chest instead. He coughed out blood and looked weakly at (Name).
The awataguchi pulled out the sword and more blood came out from his wound and so from his mouth and (Name) right now is terrified beyond belief.

Gokotai's wheezing snapped her out of it and she immediately kills the awataguchi enemy who hurt Gokotai.

Dropping her sword, (Name) ran towards Gokotai and held him in her arms, the same time every sword in the citadel came in to see the scene. Midare let out a scream when he saw his brother in such a state.