First Meeting

many of you had already read this book. This book was my first attempt to write, therefore very close to my heart. Thank you for taking time out for reading this. I hope you enjoy.

The scene is after Sita' s swayamvar. Both princes Ram and Lakshman along with their guru bids a farewell to Janak and leave for ashram.

Sita was standing in the balcony thinking of Ram; suddenly Urmila came with a portrait of Ram and said, "Look didi, how beautiful it is?" Sita nods in approval. But Mandavi looks at it and said, "It is incomplete. Give it to me I'll complete it." And snatched it from Urmila and went to the next room.

Urmila observed Sita and says, "Oh didi your heart is throbbing fast! Don't worry Di! Maharaja Dashratha will definitely approve your marriage with jijasri."

"I don't know Urmila, You know when we are in love with someone, and the fear of losing the loved one is uncontrolled. When you'll be in love....

"No not again didi" Urmila interrupt her midway. "It's your marriage not mine."

"Yes, one should have courage to be in love with rakhshasi." Mandavi showed the potrait of ram along with Sita and said, "Ram is incomplete without Sita just like siya is incomplete without ram." They all hug Sita.

Just then Urmila popped up with an idea of going to gauri mandir but Mandavi and Shrutkirti refuse as they were ordered by their mother to cook food. Sita and Urmila assemble their thals and proceed for mandir.

Urmila said, "Isn't it so good didi, you are going to marry the one you want to."

"Yes Urmila it's my good fate to have Ram as my husband but what kind of husband do you want" Sita asked.

"I am not going to marry didi. I have to take care of ma and Pita ji when you will be at your sasural."

Sita smiled, "my sister will remain unmarried for whole life. That's not possible."

"Why? If boy can be with his parents in their old age, a daughter can too." Urmila said with much determination.

Sita joins her hands and asked, "Ok miss do whatever you want."

Sita and Urmila reached the gauri mandir. As a matter of coincidence ram and Lakshman were also present there. Both girls and boys greeted each other.

Urmila gave her introduction to ram as this was the first time they were meeting, " jijasri! I am Janaknandini Urmila, Sita didi's younger sister."

Ram greets her and said," I know Urmila you are a lookalike of Sita."

Urmila looked at Lakshman and recall how he behaved at the time of swayamvar with guru parshuram and quickly replied, "thank you jijasri, but I am wondering why brothers are not like that. I mean your younger brother doesn't have any of your quality."

Learning the taunts of Urmila Lakshman said," I don't want to be like ram bhaiya. He is the best in the whole world."

As Urmila could open her mouth to reply but Lakshman speaks again to Sita, "bhabhi, yesterday' dinner sent by your Mata was really tasty. Who cooked it?"

"Who else, my didi. She is the best cook." Urmila replied as soon as she could.

Lakshman sighs and said, "thank god you didn't, otherwise it shall be mixed with red pepper."

Urmila got irritated, "I will see you later. By the way jijasri how was the food, did you like it?" "Very tasty" ram replied. It made Sita shy and Urmila smiles mischief.

Meanwhile suddenly Mandavi and Shrutkirti came running and hug her tightly. In excitement they didn't even noticed ram and Lakshman. The excitement and the happiness were reflecting on their face. Sita calm them and signaled that ram and Lakshman are also there.

Mandavi said, "Sorry jijasri, we were so excited that we didn't even notice you. I am maharaja Kushdwhaja's elder daughter Mandavi and she is my younger sister Shrutkirti."

Turning to Sita, "Didi guess with what big news I m here?"

Guess The Big News. I know you can. Please let me know what you think about this chapter. I will be really glad even if you criticize it. Please do vote, if you like this one