The Miseducation Of Yasmine Johnson

Yasmin's pov 4 years earlier

"Frank you gambled away the only money we have!" I listen to my mom yell at my stepdad.

"How am I supposed to feed TJ and Yasmin your such a dumbass!" I hear my stepfather's hard drunken steps across the floor a loud slap followed by my mothers scream. I stay on the living room couch as My mom runs down the steps towards the basement being followed by my stepdad. Shortly after out of curiosity I follow behind them they where now outside in the back of the house I hide in the shadows of the basement peeping out the doorway. He grabs my mom by the neck her caramel face was red and tears streamed down her face he spits in her face as she gasps for air.

I feel a burst of courage comes out of me I run up to him and punch him with all of the might in my 13-year-old body "I hate you." I yell at him as I throw windmills. He slaps me and I fall to the floor holding the side of my stinging face

"Don't ever question what I do bitch! Now get yo ass back in the damn house," he yells pushing her into the house leaving me on the ground alone.

"Yasmin, you good?" I look up to see Kehlani, she had a warm concern look on her face. I find it weird that she even cared because she was apart of the group of kids that would tease me for my hand me down clothes from my brother. My mom didn't have the money nor did she care enough about me to give me proper clothes she always was more fond of my brother for some reason.

"Does it look like I'm good?" I say with my head facing the ground hand still on my stinging face. She steps closer and kneels down. She must have been coming from basketball practice she had on her basket ball shorts and a white tee shirt.

"Comere, let me see," she stated she examines my stinging cheek. Her eyebrows furrowed as the beads of sweat falls down her perfectly structured face. I've always envied her she's always been the most prettiest girl in school and on the block.

"I'm sorry this happened to you man. Your to pretty to be smacked around." She looks into my eyes, her mesmerizing hazel eyes sends butterflies through my body. She crashes his lips with mine shocking me making my body tense up. She turns her head deepening his kiss. I savor her soft lip as he massages my tongue with her's. Who would have thought me a big forehead, short nappy haired, tomboy would get her first kiss by a girl? I don't even like girls

But all good things must come to an end.

"Eww!"Amara Kehlani's best friend yells with two girls behind her. Amara pulls Kehlani away from me "You probably kissed her first dirty faggot!"before I knew it I was surrounded by the girls.

Present: That was the first but not last they jumped me. After that rumors about me being a "gay and a faggot" circled around. I was bullied even worse after that I would get jumped almost every day after school. They create more and more rumors about me and for some reason girls were scared to come around me they thought I was gonna kiss them or something.And of course, all of these things said about me were not true but people would just believe them never even got to know me... you never truly realize what loneliness is until you have no friends and no one that cares about you.