Chapter 2. - A Seed of Doubt

Sometimes, the logical thing in your mind isn't the best thing to do.

No matter how much you convince yourself it is.

-Unknown

----------

I APPEARED IN MY DORM in Auradon after disappearing from the Underworld. I looked down at my clothes to see that I had returned in my clothes from before I left for the Underworld. I was wearing a short black dress and the top of the dress was see-through fabric with dark blue high heels to match, my leather, fingerless gloves that fit perfectly around my hands. I looked at the mirror on my left and saw that I had bright blue lips with a few diamonds in the left corner of my bottom lip. I had sunglasses in my hair, the glasses were dark blue, as were my nails. I smirked at my reflection, I looked good.

I turned to look at Mal and Evie who still hadn't noticed my presence in the room. Mal was wearing a big yellow dress with blue details. Must be for Cotillion, I thought. Evie was wearing a short royal blue dress that looked perfect on her. They seemed to be having a serious conversation, so I wasn't that surprised that they didn't notice my silent appearance. Evie was leaning forward on the bed Mal was sitting on. She had Mal's spellbook in her hand and Mal was pouting.

"Put the pout away."Evie scolded and Mal complied. I frowned."Mm-hm. You know I'm right." She finished. Mal looked away for a second. In the meanwhile, I had taken a seat in the bay window and decided to wait and listen for a moment. Mal turned back to Evie.

"You don't ever miss running wild and breaking all the rules?" Mal asked Evie, hoping she would say that she did. I knew I sure did and I knew for sure that Mal did as well.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Evie asked while shaking her head a little.

"Yeah!" Mal said hopefully, thinking that Evie agreed, but I doubted she did. Evie had convinced herself that she was an 'Auradon girl' now.

"No!" Evie exclaimed.

"What?" Mal asked shocked. Evie walked to Mal and took her hands, pulling her off the bed.

"Why would we? M, come here." Evie pulled Mal towards the TV. "Look at where we are. We're Auradon girls now." Evie said happily. Called it. I didn't agree with the girl at all. We'd always be from the Isle. Why she chose to forget that was beyond me. Mal and Evie continued watching the TV that showed a date of Ben and Mal. Evie looked happier than ever, which I was glad about, but Mal pouted and looked anything but happy. Maybe a little push would indeed make her happy? I shook my head. No, Hadee, don't you dare.

"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here." Evie tried convincing Mal, totally ignoring the look on Mal's face, or did she truly not see it? She continued, but her tone had changed. She sounded upset and pleaded with Mal, "So, please, let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Evie glanced down at the table in front of them and saw the blue and yellow shoes that matched Mal's dress. "Besides, I mean, look at the shoes. Look at them." Evie laughed, trying to lighten the mood. Mal hummed.

"Severe." She said, trying to be happy for Evie's sake. They shared a small laugh. Their heart-to-heart moment was over, so I finally made my presence known.

"I gotta admit, they aren't like anything I've seen before," I stated as I stood and walked away from the bay window. They both jumped.

"Dee!" They yelled together in fright. I laughed.

"What's up?" I nodded with a smirk and approached them.

"How long have you been here?" Mal asked. She looked at me with wary eyes.