Chapter 7. - Unicornland. Duh

Blood means you're related

It doesn't mean you're family

----------

I APPEARED IN THE UNDERWORLD with Hook in a cloud of grey blue-ish smoke. He doubled over and tried to gain his bearings while I ignored him. We were at the docks where I landed whenever I took someone with me to the Underworld, like when I took the other VK's almost a year ago. I put my fingers to my lips and whistled loudly for the ferryman to get us over the river of Styx. I noticed that my outfit and saw that it was still my outfit from the Isle, logical of course since there's no magic on the Isle so I didn't take it with me. I glanced at Hook as he was about to stand straight again. My hair was glowing, so I put the glow out before Hook saw it to avoid topics to talk about with him.

"Where are we?"Hook asked breathlessly as he looked around.

"Unicornland. Duh." I stated sarcastically, rolling my eyes. Hook came over and stood next to me, ignoring my sarcasm. I looked at him from the corner of my eyes and saw him looking at the souls in the river below. "Don't touch them," I warned. I wasn't sure why I did though. Probably a reflex, I thought. 

He looked at me warily but didn't comment when he saw the serious look on my face and just nodded hesitantly. I saw the ferryman coming towards us from the fog. Hook started to panic slightly and turned to me, but when he saw my calm, stoic state he calmed down a little.

"What's that?" He questioned when we started to see the skeleton that was the ferryman.

"Our ride," I answered monotonously. I got into the boat and Hook hesitantly followed. We took off without speaking a word. Hook seemed on edge and kept looking around. It was funny to watch him panic. The way his nose would scrunch up when a soul came near the boat was kind of cute. Wait, what? I shook off the thought and looked to where we were heading. The gates opened and we found Cerberus barking. My father should've fed him so I didn't bother getting some meat for him. Hook jumped up and started freaking out. I merely sat back and watched in amusement. Our boat comes dangerously close to Cerberus and Hook pointed at him.

"What the hell is that thing?!" He yelled, looking at me for an explanation. 

I smiled, but Cerberus apparently wasn't that amused by the finger pointed at him seeing as he swung a claw at Hook. Hook yelled out in pain and almost toppled overboard. I quickly grabbed the back of his sleeveless, leather jacket and pulled him back in. Hook was clutching his upper arm and some blood seeped through his fingers. He looked up at me in pain, but there was also something else in his eyes. I almost thought I saw gratitude. Hook didn't know what happened if you ended in the river, but he understood that it was dangerous and seemed thankful that I prevented him from falling. 

He moved his arms to push himself up in a sitting position but groaned in pain when he did so. I knelt down in front of him. I grabbed the wrist of his injured arm and gently pulled the bloody hand clutching the wound away with my other hand. I saw three bloody gashed covering his arm. I looked around the boat for a moment but didn't find anything to bind the wound. I then realized I still had the piece of fabric used as Ben's gag in the back pocket of my pants. I pulled it out and tightly wrapped it around Hook's wound. Hook groaned when I pulled it tighter but neither of us said a word. I finished up and pulled it yet a little tighter to stop the bleeding. Hook's eyes hadn't left my face the entire time. I looked at my finished work and then up to his face. Our faces were inches apart as our eyes locked.

After a few seconds, I leant back and sat down, looking to the front again so I didn't have to hold Hook's gaze that seemed to look right through me. I had gotten lost in his eyes and that unnerved me because it had made me stop thinking rationally for a moment. I still felt his eyes on me but didn't look back at him.