Chapter 14. - End or Beginning?

We are the perfect couple. 

We're just not in the perfect situation.

----------

"FAIRY GODMOTHER," BEN STARTED. My eyes still didn't leave Hook's as I stood still. "bring down the barrier."

"I most certainly will not." Fairy Godmother denied his order.

"I am your King," Ben exclaimed. I finally tore my eyes away from Hook and looked at Ben with a raised eyebrow.

"Obey him," Uma added. Earning yet another round of gasps while I turned to Mal to tell her Ben was under Uma's spell but Mal beat me to it.

"Ben's been spelled." Mal realized. Uma grabbed Ben and made him look at him to keep him under the spell.

"Uma found your spellbook." Evie realized as well. I nodded.

"Yes, she did." Mal glanced at the stained window before she looked back at Ben. She let go of Evie and me and approached him.

"Ben?" She gained his attention and a glare from Uma. "Ben. Look at me." She told him gently.

"No, look at me," Uma ordered. "You love me, remember?"

"No, you don't." 

"Yes, you do." 

"Ben, look at me," Mal repeated. Uma figured that convincing Ben wasn't working and turned to Fairy Godmother.

"Bring down the barrier, now!" She ordered.

"I do not take orders from you." Fairy Godmother shot back while I stepped forward to stand between her and Uma.

"Watch what you say next very carefully, Sea Bitch," I growled, hair flaming once again. Uma glared at me before she turned back to Ben.

"Ben?" She asked, sounding almost desperate.

"Ben. I never told you that I loved you because I thought that I wasn't good enough." Mal admitted with a teary chuckle. "And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you realized that yourself but Ben," She pointed at the stained-glass window. "that's me!" Ben turned towards the window. "I'm part Isle, part Auradon." Mal continued as she glanced at me for a moment.

"Ben, eyes over here." Uma interrupted but Mal just continued as if Uma never spoke.

"And Ben, you've always known who we were and who we can be."

"Don't listen to her." Uma interrupted again, causing me to clench my fists. Does she ever stop talking?

"I know what love feels like now," Mal told Ben and I looked towards Hook, who turned to me at the same time. Both of us gave shy smiles. "Ben," Mal whispered. I turned my attention back towards Mal and Ben reluctantly. "of course, I love you. Ben, I've always loved you." She finally said out loud and kissed Ben, earning a round of awes. A smile slowly grew on Ben's face after Mal pulled away.

"Mal." He said softly, the spell undone. Evie and I shared a look.

"True love's kiss," I started with a smirk.

"Works every time." Evie finished in a whisper. Uma then turned around to Fairy Godmother.

"Give it to me!" She shrieked, reaching for the wand. Unfortunately for her, I still stood between her and Fairy Godmother. I created two fireballs in my hands and raised an eyebrow daring her to come closer. Uma stopped in her track at seeing the fire.

"Seize her." Fairy Godmother yelled from behind me. My gaze snapped towards Hook, who was rushing forward through the crowd, worried for his friend. Uma ran towards the railing. Everyone followed after her.