Just friends (F.W) /tumblr\

Being friends with a famous celebrity wasn't easy. They're away all the time, they're always busy, and they have more friends to hang out. Y/N Y/L/N and Finn Wolfhard were childhood best friends, until he became famous.
They remained friends, but they just weren't as close. For Y/N, it really sucked because she had started to develop feelings for Finn. But Finn never seemed to return those feelings. In fact, he started becoming distant from Y/N. Even if he was becoming distant from her, he still invited her over to hang out with him and his friends.
His friends being the IT (2017) or the Stranger Things cast. Y/N felt more comfortable around the Stranger Things cast since she's closer with them, but she just felt awkward around the IT cast.
It was a warm sunny day, and Finn had decided to invite the party over for a pool day. After calling up his fellow cast mates, Finn called Y/N who accepted the invite immediately.
Y/N wasn't thinking though. It had completely slipped her mind that she would have to wear a bathing suit and the only one she had was a light blue bikini. Y/N knew she would feel insecure, especially around Finn. She didn't know which cast Finn had invited over, or even if it was both of them.
Huffing, Y/N put her bathing suit on and covered it with a simple shirt and a pair of shorts. She grabbed a tote bag and put all of the essentials in it, such as a towel, sunblock, and a spare change of clothes, just in case. She was out the door in no time, heading over to the love of her life's house.
Finn answered the door almost immediately after Y/N gave three sharp knocks. Grinning widely, Finn pulled Y/N in for a hug since they hadn't seen each other in quite a while.
"I'm glad you came," Finn said when they pulled apart and Y/N smiled at him.
"Of course I came," Y/N said, walking into the house when Finn stepped to the side, inviting her in. He closed the door behind them and led her to the living room where Y/N was relieved to see the familiar faces of the Stranger Things cast.
"Y/N!" Millie shrieked, running over to her and wrapping her arms around her. Y/N and Millie have gotten quite close after Finn had introduced them. Y/N laughed and wrapped her arms around Millie, hugging her tight.
"Hi Y/N," Sadie said, walking up to her and giving her a small hug after Millie had pulled away from her. Sadie and Y/N weren't as close as her and Millie were, but they were really good friends.
"Now that everyone is here, lets get this party started!" Gaten yelled while everyone cheered and went to the backyard where Finn's pool was. Everyone immediately stripped down to their bathing suits, but Y/N held back for a bit. She sat down on the edge of the pool, sticking her legs in while everyone ran and jumped or cannon-balled in.
"How come you aren't getting in?" Finn asked, swimming over to Y/N. Y/N's heart leaped at the fact that Finn noticed Y/N not getting in the water.
"Oh, I will in a bit," Y/N said, moving her legs around in the water. Finn raised an eyebrow at her, his wet curls sticking to his forehead.
"Okay.." Finn said, hesitantly. He lingered around her for a bit longer before Noah called over to him. Finn swam over to him while Millie and Sadie came over to you.
"Come on, Y/N. Get in," Millie said, and Y/N slightly shook her head. She didn't want to take her shirt off and reveal the body she hated so much to everyone.
"Is everything okay?" Sadie asked, quietly. Y/N looked at the both of them, then back down.
"I just don't want to take my clothes off. I look terrible in my bathing suit, and I don't want to show off my ugliness to everyone," Y/N said, making Millie gasp.
"Y/N Y/L/N! There is not an ounce of ugly on you. We all love you, and we don't care about how you look. You're one of us, and you deserve to have fun with us. Don't let a little anxiety get in the way of a day full of fun with your friends." Y/N smiled at Millie, feeling better already. She even felt a little more confident.
"Oh alright," Y/N said, before standing up and pulled her shirt over the top of her head and shimming out of her shorts. The boys of the group started wolf whistling and hooting at the fact Y/N finally decided to join the rest of them.
Finn was in awe. He had never seen Y/N in a bathing suit before, and he thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. Finn already loved Y/N, but this just made him fall in love with her even more. Caleb nudged him, snapping him out of his trance.
Y/N jumped in, between Millie and Sadie, and they swam over to join the boys.
"Lets play chicken fight!" Gaten yelled. Millie got on Caleb's shoulders while Sadie got on Gaten's. Caleb, Finn, Noah, and Y/N back away from them, not wanting to get splashed when one of them falls in.
Noah yelled a "GO!" and Millie and Sadie started wrestling, determined to push each other off their person's shoulders. It went on for a little bit, Y/N laughing occasionally at her friends. Sadie gave one final push, causing Millie to fall off Caleb's shoulders and into the water. Gaten and Sadie cheered at their victory.
"Y/N and Finn against me and Sadie," Gaten said, using two fingers to point at Y/N and Finn. Y/N's cheeks flushed bright red after realizing she would have to climb on her crush's shoulders.
Y/N and Finn swam over to Gaten and Sadie. Sadie was still on top of Gaten's shoulders so they were just waiting for Y/N to climb onto Finn's. Y/N hoisted herself up, throwing each leg over his shoulders while his arms wrapped around her legs to keep her secure. Both teams got into position and wait for the signal to start.
When they heard the "Go," Y/N's arms instantly stuck out, grabbing onto Sadie's and tried her hardest to push her back. Sadie pushed back with just as much force, grunting every time she was about to lose her balance. Y/N's leg almost slipped, but Finn tightened his grip on her leg. The smallest things that Finn does can make Y/N's heart explode.
Pushing with all her might, Y/N caused Sadie to off Gaten's shoulder, instantly being submerged under water. Y/N threw her arms up in victory as Finn did the same. She got off his shoulders and hugged Finn, but when they pulled apart, it was as if all of the time in the world just froze. Frozen at that moment.
Y/N was staring directly into Finn's eyes, as he stared at hers back. It was as if the rest of the group disappeared, and it was just the two of them. Y/N let out a breath she didn't even realize she was holding. The moment was soon ruined by Caleb splashing at them and saying he was getting out. Everyone else agreed on getting out, so Y/N and Finn followed.
Once they got into the house, Y/N went to the bathroom to dry off and change into her spare outfit. Everyone else grouped in the living room, except for Sadie and Millie who stayed in the kitchen to search for food.
"So," Noah started, "what was that moment between you and Y/N?" Finn's cheeks blushed a deep red. The boys knew he was head over heels for her, but Y/N didn't. Y/N thought the complete opposite.
"I gotta be honest. This is going to sound cheesy as hell, but I've never met anyone like Y/N. She was my best friend growing up, and she still is. Like, I don't know what I would do without her. She's so beautiful, smart, funny. She's the definition of perfection." Finn said, not daring to look at any of the boys, because he knew they would just give him knowing smirks. 
"Yeah, I love her, but I'm also in love with her. I wouldn't want to imagine a future with anyone else except for her. She's been by my side this whole time and she's helped me through everything. I don't know how she does it, but it just makes me fall more and more in love with her," Finn said, about to continue before a gasp caught all the boys attention. Finn turned around to see the exact girl he was just talking about.
"Y-Y/N, how much of that did you hear?" Finn asked, completely embarrassed that he just admitted being in love with his best friend without knowing she was behind him.
"All of it," Y/N said. Gaten, Caleb, and Noah exchanged looks before saying they were going to the kitchen, leaving the two of them alone.
"Y/N, I'm sorry you heard all that. I know this must've changed your thoughts about me, but I just want you to know that I-," Finn was cut off by Y/N placing a hand over his mouth.
"Shut up, Finn. I'm in love with you too. I have been for the longest time," Y/N said, blushing. She covered her cheeks with her hands to hide the redness from Finn. Finn reached up and grabbed her wrists, moving her hands away from her face.
"You're adorable when you blush, don't hide it from me. Y/N, I meant everything I said. You're beautiful, inside and out, and I really wish I did this sooner."
"Did what sooner?" Y/N asked.
"This." Finn placed both of his hands on either side of her face and leaned in to press a soft kiss to her lips. Fireworks and sparks erupted from everywhere the moment their lips touched. It was pure bliss. They pulled apart and just stared at each other, having the same moment they had in the pool. Only this time, it really was just the two of them.
"I love you, Finn Wolfhard."
"And I love you, Y/N Y/L/N."
"Get a room!" The newest couple turned their heads to the doorway to the kitchen, seeing that the Stranger Things clan had been watching them.
Even that couldn't ruin the moment they just had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This isn't my story I got it off of tumblr but here's the link..

https://thefriendlywriter.tumblr.com/post/170098237309/just-friends