Prologue

Long ago, before anything had been created, there was only a single being floating around in the nothingness. Her name was Jessica, or Irene, as she called herself in her fantasies. Jessica often made fantasy worlds that she loved to play in or just create for the fun of it, but most of these worlds were quickly abandoned. Most of these worlds turned into mere hunks of rocks once Jessica left. One particular world, however, was very lucky.

This lucky world Jessica had called Earth. This was where she went wild with creating many different beings. She created gods and goddesses, animals, and even a new species that she had invented for that world in particular called "humans". She rather liked this world, but, like all the others, it was abandoned, so that she may start a new world and a new story somewhere else.

However, since it was the world she spent the most time and effort on, it stayed. It grew, the humans quickly becoming the alpha species on the planet, the animals staying out of their way for the most part. And the gods? They mostly stayed up in the sky, not really bothering with anything down on Earth, only coming down to help sometimes, or start a religion.

You'd think that everything was perfect, right? Wrong. The gods rarely got along; all thanks to a particular god named Michael. He was the God of Mischief and Lies, always playing tricks on the others and whispering lies into their ears to start arguments.

Soon, however, Jessica came back, curious as to how this planet was doing, seeing as it was still alive. When she found the gods in utter chaos, all because of Michael, she chained him up and buried him deep underground with rats that would scratch out his eyes, which would regrow overnight, ripe for scratching the next morning.

She explained to the gods and goddesses who she was, and they began to worship her, like the humans worshiped them. She was able to stay for a few thousand years, but, eventually, left to see if she could improve any of the other worlds that she had abandoned.

Since then, the gods have all lived in harmony, any new arguments quickly settled as they began to assign themselves jobs for running Earth.

It was all unraveled once a small, human boy, Ein, went wandering into a cave, finding an old god who had since turned into nothing more than a spirit.