Chapter Five

Together We Will Set The World On Fire

Sorry for any spelling/grammar issues!

CHAPTER FIVE

Ashley's POV

While I slept off the rest of my too-much-to-drink sickness, I dreamt of Jenna. Jenna on stage, Jenna taking care of me, what it would like to kiss her. Oh Jen, I thought to myself. My feelings for her were growing. But I couldn't acknowledge them, as much as it kills me. She's way too good for me, and I've been suck a dick to her. But I guess I'll have to be even more of a dick to push her away. I can't hurt her, she's far too special for that.

It was nearing show time, so I got out of the bunk Jenna had put me in and went to go get ready, already feeling much better. Thanks to Jenna.

God I have to stop thinking about her.

The show was going without a hitch, I hadn't passed out, and everyone was performing great. It was time for the instrument switch, the time where Jenna would play her guitar and sing while we ran backstage. It didn't take me long, and I was back before she started. She began to sing The Drug In Me Is You by Falling In Reverse. Instantly I was mesmerized by her voice. The crowd hung on her every word. At the chorus, she sang

"I've lost my goddamn mind

It happens all the time

I can't believe I'm actually

Meant to be here

Trying to consume

The drug in me is you

And I'm so high on misery

Can't you see"

As she sang "The drug in me is you", she pointed at me. I felt my stomach do a summersault and my heart speed up, but I knew she was just putting on a show. Trying to give the fans something to scream about. 

When she sang "And I'm so high on miser, can't you see", I thought back to her crying in her bunk. Yes I could see her misery. But I knew she would never let me fight it away with her.

Jenna's POV

As I pointed at Ashley I glanced at him to see if he'd noticed. He hadn't. Or if he had, he pretended that he didn't. I sighed to myself, brushing off the wave of hurt that flowed through me.

I don't know if I could make it much more obvious to him. I was falling in love, and I much I was trying to stop myself, I simply couldn't.