Part 2 - A Cold Guy

I glanced at her... Even in that wheelchair, the man looked to have strong figure, he could throw anything powerfully with those big arms...!

Mrs. Mary seemed can read what was the thing in my mind, "He was a Rugby player.... Not a Kickboxer!"

"Are you ready...?" She looked unsure to ask.

I just nodded.

Mrs. Mary quickly opened the door, I walked behind her as my doubts ran around in my brain. "What if he doesn't like me? Would he chase me away? Would he kick my face too? But I need money! I should do this!" I encouraged myself.

As we came close to the man on the wheelchair, the little wind blew his strong, delicious scent of a musky and Citroen aromas which then curls in our direction. He smelt so good! "Every rich people would always want to have a good smells even when they ill....!" I thought.

I examined him from behind, he had tattoos on his left arm. He had thick beard on his face, but I still couldn't see his face.

"Mornin' honey." Mrs. Mary said lovingly.

The man only gave a slight reaction....

Mrs. Mary said again as saw me while putting her hands on wheelchair's handles, "Mom will introduce you to someone..." She turned the wheelchair around a little, but the man kept his head facing the pool.

Then she caressed his shoulders affectionatelly and touching his cheeks from behind, her fingers slid down along his bushy beard and turning his head softly to my side then lift his chin a little to make he looked at me.

As she raised that stiff neck up... I got surprised to see his face! He's a young man, about 28 or early thirties, I thought. Yeah, I had guessed he was old man! He would be her son. He's handsome though in those wild beard...!

With the face turned up in her mother's hands, the young man just looked at me briefly.....with a cold eyes. His eyes glanced aside, looked not friendly...!

"This is Brendan, my handsome boy!" Mrs. Mary said proudly by her son. Still with her hand in his bushy chin.

He blinked, seemed dazzled by the morning sun, those black eyes glinting some sparkles. As her mom put away her hands, he glanced away coldly as her thick hands rolled the wheelchair back to face the pool.

"Honey, ehmm... This's your new nurse. She will take care of you...." Mrs. Mary said again softly.

"Her name is Nadine." She gestured me to move forward to introduce myself.

"Hi, Brendan..." I extended my hand hesitantly. But...he didn't greet my hand! He still looked at to the trees over the pool!

Mrs. Mary looked at my face with the guilty expression. I understood and slightly bowed my head with a little smile to comfort her as pulling my hand back.

She then rubbed her son's shoulders again still with fond manner as if he was a ten years old boy. "Maigo will help pick you up at 3:00, honey. I love you." She kissed him.

She then said to me, "Let's back inside."

"I'm sorry honey...! He can be acting so disrecpectful sometimes! Since the accident, he has lost himself..." Mrs. Marry seemed to feel bad about her son's. "He was so nice..." She let out a sigh, I saw her eyes slightly glistening.

"It's Ok." I smiled a little, feeling compassionate for her....and his son....

Mrs. Mary then called Maigo, the housemaid, to pick a paper on the cabinet in her room.

"Ok. Tomorrow is your first day. Here is your schedules. If you have trouble doing anything, just ask me or Maigo, okay?"

"Yes." I replied.

Mr. Mary offered me to back home with her car, but I refused it as I had to go to another direction from her reunion place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have fun honey!" My mom called from the window before I went work. I waved her back.

This day was my first day's work in this large home. I walked nervously toward my first youngest ever patient, Brendan. I was 23, he would be in the same age of my oldest brother, Nathan.

He was in front of the pool which I thought his favorite place. I stood still...confuse about what to do with this cold, numb guy. He appeared to be unfriendly person even before all were began tomorrow morning...!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks For Reading! ☺ Please Vote if you feel curious why this guy is so rude!