39

We sit in silence after the awkward conversation about admiring each other's bodies until Hoseok looks over at his table. "Oh I almost forgot!" He runs over and picks up my mixtape.

"Thank you!" I try and grab the CD, but his grip was still tight on it. I look up at him. His eyes were glistening in the light, as if he was about to cry.

"If you ever need to talk to anyone, I'm here for you," he finally says before releasing his grip. A tear falls down his cheek.

I rest the CD on my lap. "Thanks Hobi," I say in a quieter tone as I look down at the floor. "It's just complicated to explain verbally."

"So you write," he finishes my sentence.

I nod, agreeing. "So please don't take it personally. I have just always been better at explaining through my writing."

"I know, I just wanted to remind you that you don't have to face these battles alone," he smiles at me.

I mirror a smile. "Same with me to you."

He bites his bottom lip. "Yea, it is," he mutters. "I just feel bad for you," he begins to weep.

I look over at him. I've had people feel bad for me because they know what I've been through, but I've never had anyone cry over me by just listening to my lyrics.

I've never been a comforting type of person, but I rest my hand on his shoulder. "Don't feel bad Hoseok. You have your own things, so there's no need to heavy the burden. And you didn't do anything wrong either."

"I just hate it when people are sad. How someone can feel like they aren't wanted in the world is cruel," he says, sniffing every other word. His puffy face looks over at me. "And I want to try my best and help as many people as I can to have them love themselves. Which might also help me love myself." He mutters the last sentence.

I didn't know what to say. So much has already been said in this short of time. My only last resort would be try to lighten the mood.

I pat his shoulder. "Hey how about we take a break from dancing, and let's bake some edible cookies."

His glistening eyes fill with joy. I whisk I could flip moods that fast.

"I even have two aprons!" He cheers before running off to the kitchen.