We Can't Be Apart

I woke up before Declan did. I went to the grocery store and bought small cereal boxes and some milk for breakfast. I came back to the hotel and Declan was sprawled across the couch downstairs watching TV. When he saw my face as I opened the door he sat up and rushed over to me. "Love, where were you?" Declan asked me.

I held up the bag of groceries and raised my eyebrow. He nodded and then dropped his head down as he helped me open the boxes of cereal. We both got our breakfast ready and we didn't say a word.

I saw Declan eyeing my hand where my ring was. "You took it off..." he finally stated. "Yep, it's for the best," I answered. He reached his hand over to my free one that wasn't holding the spoon. "Declan. Please, stop," I demanded quietly. "We're going to London today. Are you excited?" He wondered. I nodded, my mouth full of Special K cereal. "I have a list of places to visit. And I have something very special planned for us," Declan proposed as he reached for my hand again. I took it away quick enough so that he wasn't able to grab it.

"Why do you do this to me?" I groaned.
"Do what?" He wondered, ruffling his hair and grinning at me with that adorable crooked smile and dimples he gives just to me.
"That!"
"I don't understand what you mean love."
"You don't stop loving me, even after I tell you we need to stop. You don't know when to quit do you?" I shook my head.
"I guess it's one of my many flaws, you're just too perfect." He answered scratching the back of his neck. I shook my head and headed to wash up the dishes. I quickly changed out of my pajamas and put on a simple outfit.

Today is London day and I'm ecstatic! I've always wanted to go to London, well, England in general but London has always seemed interesting

Today is London day and I'm ecstatic! I've always wanted to go to London, well, England in general but London has always seemed interesting. Declan and I hopped a train to take us to our destination. It was about two hours and twenty-five minutes until we arrived in London.

Declan helped me off the train and asked "so, are you hungry at all? I know a great place to eat here." I told him not right now and he then informed me that "I booked us a tour of Buckingham Palace and it's in about twenty minutes, are you interested?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand taking me to a double decker bus that would take us to the palace for the tour.

We watched the switching of the guards as well. Declan kept trying to make me want him and fall for him again. I was set on not hurting him and I intended to keep it that way.

Declan's POV

I know Vera thinks it's better for us to stop things before it gets out of hand and I get hurt but, she's hurting me more by having us keep our distance. I'm telling her how I feel and why I think we should get back together tonight in the London Eye. It's too hard to be without her. I want her to listen, God I hope she does.

I looked over at her, there was a smirk on her face as she watched the guards change positions, their marching was in perfect unison as they moved and walked to the nearest post, exchanging shifts with the other guards already parked there. She looked at me and smiled, she actually, genuinely smiled at me. It felt as though she hadn't done it in ages.

Vera's POV

"Okay, seriously Declan, what is happening tonight? The suspense is KILLING ME! I need to know," I demanded as we finished up our tour of Buckingham Palace. "I told you, you'll have to wait and see sweetheart," he replied with a grin dancing on his lips. I love that grin, his dimples show. I lightly punched his arm and laughed, "you're no fun!" "No, I just like for you to be surprised," he defended.

I rolled my eyes and we walked to the nearest coffee shop for my daily dose of Iced Caramel Lattes. We sat down at a nearby table with an umbrella and as we sat, it began to rain. "Typical English weather for you. I'm surprised that we managed to keep the rain from pouring for so long," he announced.

I began to shiver and groaned, "great I didn't think to bring a jacket with me." Declan took off his raincoat and handed it to me. I raised an eyebrow at him, "are you sure?" I wondered. He nodded and I put it on. He smiled, "what?" I asked. "You look good in that," he answered. I shook my head "thanks," I blushed.

It grew to be three o'clock and Declan lead me to the London Eye. We hopped on and he began to explain why we should be together. "We can't be apart love, you think you're doing me a favor when you try to avoid me and really, you're making me feel worse because my other half is being distant. Love, you need someone right now and pushing me away. That's not doing either of us any good," he finished, reaching for my hand. I flinched but let him take it in his.

"I have been more miserable lately. Maybe your right, I have missed you but I tried to push that out of my mind," I declared. "Then let's not be apart!" I nodded and he kissed my forehead. The eye came to a stop and we headed back to the hotel. Today was the last day in London, England entirely as a matter of fact.

As I placed my bag down and sank into the couch, I got a phone call. It was the hospital I go to to monitor my disease.
"Ms. Lewis?" The receptionist asked
"This is she," I replied.
"We took some of your DNA to monitor your disease and try to find a cure. The results are back..."
she paused and I told her to continue.
"We found a cure that works."

I tried to contain my excitement. "Can you come into the hospital for the injection tomorrow?" The receptionist asked. "Yes, can I come in at four thirty five tomorrow?" I wondered. "That can work," she informed. "Great, thank you so much!" I gushed with gratitude. We hung up and Declan got us on the fastest flight back home. We headed to the airport and got through security waiting for our flight to arrive. Declan took my hand and kissed the back of it. I smiled and we waited for the plane to depart to go back home.
-
-
-
YAY A CURE! What did you guys think of this chapter?? Do you think the cure will work? The doctors are pretty smart! Anyway have an amazing day/night.
-
-
QOTD: If you could have any mythical creature, which would it be? (For me it's a Griffin, they're so amazing!)