🐥 || Oneshot: [YoungHyo] Comfort Zone

◁ CHIYONII'S IC ONESHOT ▷
↭ Park Jihyo × Choi Youngjae ↭
• ft. TWICE and GOT7 •

Its been past 12 in midnight, when Jihyo decided to go back at their dorm after some late night work.

Some staffs were still in the JYP Building, working late. She heard some of the Stray Kids members we're practicing, since they're working hard as the newly debuted rookies.

Jihyo was remincsing how long she have been through in this entertainment. She was really grateful in every experiences she always gain.

Before she could reach the slightly dimmed lounge, she heard someone familiar singing.

His voice was really calming and soothing, that made Jihyo's big eyes closed, reeling in the moment.

Then suddenly, his voice cracked.

That made Jihyo's eyes popped open.

He sighed deeply, rubbing his palm on his face, frustrated. "Am I really destined to be an idol?"

Jihyo frozed. Hearing his voice a million times, she knew who was it.

Peeking sneakily, Jihyo saw him. Scrolling something at his phone, a frown plastered on his face.

And she also noticed that how is he stopping his tears to pour.

"Hey." Jihyo softly greeted, but it made him shriek and jumped at his seat. "M-Mianhae, Youngjae. I didn't mean to scare you."

Youngjae sighed in relief. "Its just you, Jihyo-ssi."

"Why are still here at this late time? Shouldn't you be resting now?" She asked, sitting down next to him.

Youngjae ruffled his now messy hair. "I just finished my schedule just a few moments ago and decided to hang here for a while."

"Oh." Jihyo slowly nodded.

After minutes of silence between them, Jihyo noticed Youngjae's gaze on his phone.

She followed his gaze and her eyes widened at what she just saw.

A long bashing message for Choi Youngjae.

Then she remembered what Youngjae said earlier.

"Am I really destined to be an idol?"

Jihyo bit her lip as she looked up at Youngjae. He noticed her worried expression, looking down at the message then back at Jihyo.

"D-Don't mind them, its n-normal." Youngjae faked a smile.

Jihyo shooked her head. "I've known you for years already, Youngjae. I know this kind of messages always had a hard impact on you."

"I t-told you, its normal." His voice started to crack, his lips trembling.

He didn't want to let it out while Jihyo is here. He didn't want to bother her.

"I'm here if you want someone to hear you out. Don't let it cooped inside you."

But she's right.

Youngjae hanged his head low, his hands gripping tightly at his phone.

"I k-know its been 4 years ever since I became part of G-GOT7, t-these things shouldn't b-bother me a-anymore."

He tried to stop it, but a crystal tear already rolled down at his cheek.

"I-It sometimes haunt me." He muttered. "I'm a s-scaredy cat. Shrieking in a s-simple jumpscare, scared of little cockroaches, and even a freaking c-cucumber. I'm scared of e-everything!"