Sleep Is For The Weak (Part 2)

Logan's POV:

Enveloped in warmth— that's what I was. Full conscience awareness was still an alien concept at that time in the morning, but I knew I was comfortable. I felt like I was floating, or something like that. It was when I felt a sheet being tugged away from me that I squinted my eyes and internalised a yawn. My arm was beginning to feel slightly numb so I twisted myself so that I was facing the other way. My eyes widened in shock when I saw the blurry image of another man lying there beside me. I sat bolt upright and grabbed my glasses from where they lay neatly on the bedside table.

Curled into himself and clinging onto his pillow like a koala, was Virgil. I realised I must've fallen asleep while listening to his music that night, and blushed in embarrassment. I probably lost my page in my book and everything. I looked back over at the sleeping man. I would never have admitted it, but I did think he looked rather... cute, I guess, lying there. I fumbled on the bedside table for my book and picked it up. Swiping through the pages, I let out a half-audible gasp as I noticed that the paper was folded in the top-right corner. Despite my best attempts to smoothen it out, it remained creased. I heard a muffled grunt and a low yawn and realised I was no longer the only one awake. Instinctively I tucked away the novel before turning myself towards where Virgil was finally sitting up.

"Mornin', Lo." I noticed a sleepy grin grow on the man's face as he began to stretch his legs out before himself.
"Good morning, but please do not call me that." I corrected him. Nicknames like that were one of my pet peeves, as Roman knew so well. Virgil nodded, as if mentally taking note. We then both proceeded to silently get up and dressed.

At breakfast, Virgil, Patton and I sat and exchanged pleasantries while we waited for Roman to awake from his slumber. Virgil turned to Patton.
"It's funny, last night we-" he paused, and I looked up at him cautiously, curious to how much he was willing to tell Patton. "The people outside were pretty loud." I exhaled in relief and started to laugh along with the story. "Sounded like they were digging up the core of the earth!" Virgil exaggerated, to which I rolled my eyes, knowing that that would be impossible. They both laughed and eventually I joined in. The joke soon passed and we began to get impatient.
"Where's Roman?" I inquired. After all, if anyone knew, Patton did.
"Yeah, what room was he in, Pat? I'll check on him." Virgil added.
"I believe it was uh... 394?" I continued to tap my finger on the table, trying to visualise where that could be, when I remembered that 394 was right next to our room, 395, and we still didn't bump into Roman. Virgil laughed as he, too, realised.  "Are you gonna check on him, then?" Patton urged. Virgil just nodded, stood up and walked towards the elevator.

Virgil's POV:

As the platform slowly elevated, I took deep breaths, preparing for the confrontation with Roman. Little things like this, for some reason, had always scared me. There was a 'ding!' and the doors opened on the third floor. I headed towards where I remembered going last night to get to 395, but stopped when I reached the door before it. I took another deep breath and reached towards the door with my knuckles to knock.

It swung open.

"Oh!" I heard a gasp of surprise as well as eliciting one of my own, and Roman pulled the door half-closed.
"Hey, Princey." I greeted him awkwardly. He simply laughed.
"You haven't called me that in a while, V." It took me a second to realise what he was referring to- I hadn't even noticed that I called him that! It was a dumb nickname I'd coined a year or two ago when we were new friends. I remember he had looked confused for the slightest of moments before his face had lightened up and he had squealed with glee. He loved it still.
"Anyway I was just gonna-" As it happened, I didn't even need to finish. Another person came up behind Roman, clearly curious about what was going on.

"This is my friend- Virgil Addams." He gestured towards me, facing the man. Turning to me and doing the opposite, he introduced the man to me. "And this is Remy Knight."