Chapter three

A tall brown haired man was standing beside a young boy. The young boy was unconscious, he has been like that for the past two days. He watched the way the young boy's chest will go up and down as he inhale and exhale. He watched the way the soft rays of sunlight would fall on his face, giving him an ethereal and almost angelic appearance.

Hashirama has been visiting the boy for the last two days now. He wanted to make sure that when he wakes up, he wouldn't be confused and on the defensive. He also wanted to make sure his subordinates hadn't try to harm him or anything. But that wasn't really the reason.

The real reason is that he didn't really know the real reason. Of course, he did wanted to make sure the young boy wouldn't be confused, or harmed by anybody when he wake up. But there was something else that brought him here. There was something...odd about the uchiha boy.

Something innocent and pure lied in there... Someone like hashirama, who has been in war since he can barely walk, knows when someone else experienced the same fate. The horrors of war once you experience it, it forever be engraved in your body and soul. That's why, when he looked at the boy he noticed none of those things.

Of course, he wasn't dumb enough to think he wasn't a shinobi. But he knew that he hasn't experienced war. At least not like him, or the others. He was not damaged, not in body nor soul. Yet that was weird. Even though uchiha treasured children, he knew that at the age this kid was he should have been in the war, easily. But there was no evidence of that. Nothing. Only innocence on his pure face.

He was happy about that. Happy that a child hasn't been tamed with the horrors of war and death. He didn't care if he was an uchiha. He has a big heart, he can love anyone even if it is not from his clan. He wanted him to wake up. He wanted to see what reaction he will give at seeing him. Will he attack him? Verbalize him? Glare at him? He hoped not.

He didn't want to use force on the boy in case he attack him. He was hoping to talk to him first, find how he got here, and ask him if he had any place to sleep. If he wanted to go back to his clan, then make sure he eats something first. He wanted to show him that he wasn't evil. That he didn't intend to harm any uchiha, especially not him. That he could trust him. And maybe, just maybe when he goes back, if he goes back to the Uchiha Clan he could tell Madara that Hashirama Senju was worth trusting and sign the alliance.

That is, if everything goes as pretty as it sounds.

He continued watching the boy for an hour more. Before he decided to finally leave and let the boy rest peacefully alone. It was clear that he wouldn't wake up today, maybe tomorrow? Letting out a soft disappointing sigh, he was about to turn around and leave when he noticed the slight fluttering of the eyes on the uchiha boy.

Immediately he froze. He waited and waited...then he heard a soft groan. And hashirama's heart started beating a little bit too quickly with nervousness. He really hopes the boy wouldn't attack him. He didn't want to send him to unconsciousness once again. Is not like he will want to hurt him on purpose, but he has been told that he has one heck of a punch so...

The boy shifted slightly, groaned again and finally started opening his eyes. Hashirama wanted to help him but he thought staying in the shadows was better for now. It wasn't until he saw the boy confusedly stare at the IV on his arm that he decided to make himself known.

"I wouldn't take it out if I were you.'' Hashirama said softly, walking hesitatingly towards him. Hashirama wanted to face palm himself for saying something so stupid. The boy didn't even made a move to remove the IV off and he goes and says this. 'Nice move hashirama.." he thought.

Hashirama send the boy what he hopes is a friendly smile and asked him how he was feeling. He only received a blank look in response...That was new. Although he would have preferred the boy to talk, he was by no means displeased by the boy's silence. It was much better from what he was expecting. Less hesitant this time, he sat down on the bed with enough space between them to not make the boy uncomfortable. The uchiha eyes followed his movement the entire time, he did not move, he did not talk, he didn't even blink, but he didn't lose his sight off of him. That was fine with hashirama. He prefers the observing, than the violence.

"How are you feeling?" hashirama asked him softly. Now that the boy was awake he could have a better look at him. He noticed that his curly hair seems to be natural, by the way it seems to be curlier by sleeping so long. He had pretty, innocent eyes and the most amazing eyelashes he has ever seen. White-snow skin, slender yet, strong frame and a handsome face. The uchiha were sure gifted with the looks. He wouldn't be surprised if the boy was a ladies killer with that face.

Hashirama smiled at him trying to ease the boy. Although, he was surprised to notice that the boy didn't seem uncomfortable or threatened by his presence. "We found you just outside of our borders. You were unconscious so we brought you here for proper treatment. We found nothing wrong with you. Your eyes are also perfectly intact. No signs of anyone trying to damage them."

He knew how the uchiha were when it comes to their eyes. Their eyes were the most prideful and precious thing in their possession. The sharingan was a very powerful thing, and many people want them. It was a cruel thing to do, that's why to prevent their sharingan to fall in the wrong hands, if the uchiha happens to die while in enemy's land their bodies automatically explodes and the sharingan dies with them. It was a prideful and honorable thing for them to do.

He knew the boy wouldn't be happy knowing someone was checking out his eyes, specially a senju. But he just needed to make sure the boy wasn't being targeted by enemies. But to his surprise and confusion, the boy did not prepared to strike him or glare at him. No instead, he noticed the way the boy's eyes widened in response, and almost in disbelief he tentatively raised his shaky hands and touched his eyes. His head was a bowed, and his small frame started shaking. Hashirama in slight disbelief thought he was crying, and hesitantly scooted closer to him to try to console him.

As soon as he was close enough to touch, the boy's head snapped up surprising him and his body unconsciously tensed defensively. The boy's eyes looked at him with a mixture of disbelief and a great deep of anguish it pulled at hashirama's heartstrings. For some reason he had the feeling the boy was finally taking in the situation he was in, his eyes moved around the room taking in everything and finally fixed his eyes on him again. He looked at him long and hard, he took his face and his clothes in. The senju's clothes were kinda unique, and everyone knows how interesting they were, he was sure the boy will recognize he was a senju by his clothes.

"What's your name?" hashirama asked him while smiling gently at him. He was trying to help the boy to talk.

The boys eyes flickered, then his hands that were now curled up on the blankets in a fist, slowly loosened the grip. "Excuse me what?" hashirama leaned a bit closer to catch the uchiha's murmuring. It seems he has finally gotten him to speak.

"...Shisui." he said a bit louder. His voice was soft and hesitant as if he didn't want to give his name but has no other option.

"..that is a unique name." And it was indeed a unique name. Hashirama doesn't think he has ever heard a name like that. Shisui...it has a nice ring to it. Soft, delicate and pretty. Uchiha Shisui...hashirama looked at him and offered another smile. This time a warm smile not any of the polite ones he has been giving him, not the tolerable ones he has been giving to tobirama...no, the one he just gave right now was one of the smiles he hasn't give to anyone in a long time.

————

Hello!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I tried to make it as realistic as possible. Please vote and comment if you liked!