Volume 1, Part 5: A New Objective

————————————————————————
Hiya again! I've noticed the writing style has changed since the first parts, so ;-; sorry about that, but hopefully you still enjoy it! Volume 2 is going to start soon (Volume 1 is just the short introduction section), so Saiki's going to meet Class A soon!
————————————————————————
[Volume 1, Part 5: A New Objective]

The strange copy of me smiles. ((Clearly, this imposter didn't inherit my personality.)) As the copy begins to approach me, I can see it strengthen its grip on something behind its back. ((In case you've forgotten, my x-ray vision allows me to see through normal people, right down to their muscle tissue. In this way, I can see my opponent's muscles tighten on what they're holding.)) The copy continues to walk towards me, and from what I've seen so far, these "villains" seem to know enough about me for me to be cautious of whatever that thing is holding. Even if my opponent is attempting to trick me somehow, I can't let them get close enough to try anything. In a quick motion, I teleport behind my clone and strike the back of it's neck. The attack is just strong and precise enough to knock it down, and I immediately begin to look around, searching for Kurogiri. I see a figure similar to him walking through the way I came in, but before I can focus on him, I hear a voice behind me. "Ooo, Mr. Psychic, why don't i take out those little spiky things for ya?". I begin to jump away from the sound, but before I do, I feel a soft contact in my hair.

It's not clear at first, but I quickly realize my hair-pins have been pulled out. I slowly turn to face my opponent, who's face has begun melting back into a much more familiar appearance. It's Toga. It seems she had taken on my physical form, but I'm not sure how she managed to copy my attire. It doesn't matter now, anyway. As long as those pins are away from me, the slightest of movements could prove destructive. I could accidentally... ((Now that I think about it, there's little risk to the situation. I only risk destroying an abandoned warehouse and injuring criminals. But even if there's a possibility of harming innocents, I don't want to chance anything. Besides, it'd take too long to replace the pins if I left now.))

Analyzing my chances, I decide the safest route for now is to just forfeit. "Fine. You win," I begin, glaring back at Toga, who's fidgeting with the pins, "Now give those back." She looks upset, like a child refusing to hand over their toy.

"But I wanted to..." she whines, but cuts off as she sees Kurogiri appear in front of her. He gives her a menacing stare, and she hands me the hair-pins back. The shadowy criminal then turns to me, his stern look fading into a more apathetic one.

"I-" Kurogiri began, stopping only to correct himself, "Tomura expected higher of you. We picked you especially from a group of other individuals. It's in your best interest not to hold back, or you just might be picked off as the weakest link." With that, the figure begins walking off, beckoning for me to follow. I'm reluctant to further myself into this poor excuse of an organization, but seeing as though I don't exactly know what's going on for the time being, I'll have to play along.

          As I follow Kurogiri through another set of corridors, this one smaller than the last, I hear that same cursed laugh behind me. "Hehehe, you didn't think you'd escape me so easily, did you Mr. Saiki?" Toga asks, suddenly appearing at my side. I'm sure she wasn't supposed to be following me, but it doesn't seem she cares. From what I can tell, she isn't exactly the 'caring' type. I do my best to ignore her, but as we walk, she seems to notice and become impatient. "Mr. Saaaiikkkiii..." she coos, and I'm not exactly sure if she's being childish or psychotic. Either way, it doesn't matter, as we approach a large door. Kurogiri forms a warp gate, walking through it ((that's right folks, old Kurogiri is using his warp gate to walk through a door)).

          The main door opens, revealing an anticlimactically dull room. Inside is a folding table, with some masked person sitting down by it. Walking through, Kurogiri motions for me to sit down, and the masked person, who I can't exactly make out the voice of, begins mumbling. We wait for a few minutes, and I'm unsure of whether someone is coming or if they're just making me wait. After ten minutes have already passed, Tomura returns, entering the room as he glares at me. The childish criminal sits down across from me, scratching the table as he talks. "You're not here to fight on the battlefield, you see..." he pauses, his breaths eerily loud, "We're sending you to a special little place, and you're gonna do some work there for us..." Pausing yet again, Tomura motions towards the masked individual. "This is one of our workers, so called traitors that we already have implanted in the there. They'll make sure you stay in line. If they report anything... ANYTHING that you do wrong..." Tomura finished, closing his threat as he disintegrates part of the table.

          Tomura stops talking from there, leaving Kurogiri to tell me everything else. After going through vague information of my work, he hands me a folder labeled "targets". The contents of the folder are somewhat confusing. It's full of papers about different people. I begin to read their names aloud as I look over the list. "Izuku... Ochako... Shoto..." I mutter to myself, looking up at Kurogiri. "Who are these people, and why are you showing them to me?"

          Kurogiri pauses, intensifying his glare as he responds. "These are students at U.A.. You'll be spying on them."