To Fall In Love Again

A/N: The --- means switch POV between Mare to Maven in this chapter. The *** is a time skip.
-------------------------------------------
I stumbled as she pulled me into a hug. "Oh Mare. My sweet baby Mare. Where did you go?" She mumbled into my shoulder. I could feel a certain wetness coat my shoulder. She was crying. She was crying because of me.

        "Please don't cry mother. It breaks my heart to see you sad." I whispered, wiping some lone tears off my face.

        "Where did you go Mare? The last I've heard of you was three months back when you visited with the royal guard." She asked, pulling away and holding my shoulder. Cal. That royal guard was Cal mother.

        "I'm so sorry mom. I'm so sorry. I'll tell you everything soon, can I come in?" I asked.

        "Of course sweetie. Come in." She replied, guiding me in with a hand on my back.

        As I caught sight of the living room, I could make out the bodies of Bree, Tramy, Kilorn, Gisa and Shade? Standing in the hallway I call out, "Shade?" Eyes snapping to mine, he smirked slightly. Narrowing my eyes curiously I went to walk up to him but as soon as I took the first step, he disappeared. "What the-" but before I could finish my sentence, a voice cut me off "Boo."

        A loud shrill of horror escaped from me as I turned around to face my laughing brother. "How... how did you do that?" I asked. He just teleported for god's sake.

        "You're not the only one who has superpowers little sister." Shade replied swiftly.

        Eyes lighting up in excitement I questioned, "Wait are you-" I started. But as always Shade loves to cut me off. "A Newblood? Yes." He finishes for me smiling.

        Turning around again to face my loving family I asked, "Does that mean that you all are Newbloods too?" Smiling softly Mom shook her head before answering, "No Mare. It's only you two. My special children."

        "Hey!" My other two brothers and Gisa shout at once. Grinning widely my mom only shrugs her shoulders before chuckling. Faking pouts at my mother, my siblings were grilling her with their ridiculous faces. "Okay okay. All my children are special." She admits.

        "Hey!" This time Kilorn calls out. "Kilorn!" I yell while sprinting into his arms. Jumping on him, I scream "I missed you!" into his ears.

        "Ouch woman. I missed your lazy ass too." He laughs. Slapping his back I lay my head into the crook of his neck.

        Of course my family couldn't just stay silent. A mixture of 'awws' and 'so cutes' were going around and I blushed before jumping off. Silently cursing my siblings in my head I force a smile on my face as I turn around to glare at them. "Can you not?" I questioned harshly while placing my hands on my hips. All I got in response was the shaking of heads side to side. They were never going to leave me alone.

        Sighing, I run a hand across my face before facing Kilorn again. Taking a hold of his hand I ask him, "How are you doing?" I feel awful for leaving him alone all this time. We never got to finish our story together. Although our story would continue till our deaths, we left a very important chapter open in our book that I knew I had to close. I couldn't keep leading him on when I moved on. I hope he has found someone new. Someone who would make him laugh, smile, feel the way I do around Maven.

        "I'm fine Mare. How are you?" He replies avoiding the hidden question I asked. He knew I was asking about our relationship yet he brushed past it. This leads me to think that he didn't move on. I yank on his hand to bring him to my mouth level. "You know that's not what I meant." I whispered in his ear. Standing back up he now talks to my family, "Mare and I have to catch up, we'll be in her room." He informs while dragging me up the stairs.