Part 1

Looking through the curtains the crowd was looking expectant for something amazing; there was no doubt it was what they would get but it doesn't stop me from being nervous as hell, especially since MARS were performing later and they'd all be watching - or at least Jared would.

I stand in my outfit, complete with wreath crown, and ring my hands nervously until they're red.  "Fuck.... Fuck..." There was no way I could do this; whatever it was they had seen in me was obviously wrong and there was no way I could walk down the relatively short runway that from my current view looked like it never ended.

Stepping back a little, I hadn't realised how shaky my knees had gotten, how tight my chest felt and I just needed to leave... but turning quickly I walk straight into a very familiar man; one that had apparently been stood behind me for a while but had gone unnoticed.

"Hi... You look.... Terrified. Are you okay?" His voice is soft and he genuinely sounds concerned for me.  Did I look that scared? Was it so damned obvious?

"I...uuh..." I manage to do little more than squeak; his eyes have me held in a complete trance.  I don't know if the audience makes me more nervous or if he does.

"Come on, let's go have a seat." Jared smiles and gently guides me over to a couple of chairs with his hand lightly on my elbow; he helps me sit, moving my dress so I don't stumble or worse yet, rip it.

"You're [Y/N], aren't you?" He offers a bottle of water which I gratefully take.  How did he know my name?

"Yeah.. I am… and you’re Jared..." I nod and fumble to open the bottle top, failing and almost breaking down in tears.  

Jared takes the bottle and opens it for me.  "Take a deep breath...slow and steady." He takes a seat beside me as a stage manager calls out timings for who is on and when; I vaguely hear that I have fifteen minutes as models rush around finishing their hair and makeup.

"I...should not be here!" I swallow thickly trying to get rid of the rising panic inside me.

"You are exactly where you should be. Alessandro picked you for this for a reason; You're perfect for his designs... I should know... I helped."

“What?” I blink and sip the water carefully, not realising I had spoken aloud. Jared had helped pick me? Why? I look nothing like those high fashion models. "You need an eye test.." I laugh nervously.

Jared smiles and takes my hand lightly, "it can be daunting; it's a whole new experience. I promise though... when you get out there you'll be fine... Just remember that all you gotta do is walk, look good and look straight ahead…so you only have to worry about two…. You already look stunning.”

"Heh...walk... Sure." I look down at my bouncing leg and watch Jared's hand move from mine to my knee; his thumb lightly brushing over my bare skin.

"Tell you what... How about I sit at the end of the runway? Dead centre seat... That way you just have to keep your eyes on me and ignore everyone else."

I raise an eyebrow and nod slowly; there was no point lying, that would definitely help me. "Thank you."

"Very welcome." Jared nods and smiles. "Then I'll make sure you have a good view for the show tonight, maybe we can talk more?"

My leg has stopped bouncing and I smile, "That, would be nice. I'd like that." Nodding again and finally making eye contact; my god they were stunning.

"Then it shall happen.  I'm gonna go get seated.  You get yourself in the lineup... You're gonnabe great, I promise." Jared leans down and kisses my cheek lightly before heading off.

The area on my knee where his hand had been cools and I smile to myself before startling out of my own little world when my name is called.

Wait...Did he call me stunning?!