CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

"Don't leave me," Constance whined, as I got out of the bed to use the bathroom

"You so damn spoiled." I kissed her forehead, before walking into the bathroom to do my business and washed my hands. I headed back into the room to stare at Constance who was looking at me with tons of admiration.

She reminded me of a cartoon. Ponytails, Penny Proud with the big head and droopy eyes. Her multiple moles and freckles was adorable, her body was bangin' and she still kept up with herself. I liked everything about her, from her pointy lips to her small nose and her eyes. I couldn't believe she was my girlfriend, unbelievable.

"What you want to do now? It's later." I asked, sitting down next to her.

She somehow made it on top of me, and bit her lip. "Let's talk.. about you and your family."

"Why me?" I played with her lips, and sucked on the bottom one.

"Because everything about you is interesting to me." She replied.

Damn.

"Well.. I'll tell how we found Lamont and everything that happened after he came into our lives." I told her.

"Great! I heard bits and pieces." She nodded.

"Okay, I was only thirteen years old at the time of this.." I started. "For starters my parents are the people that see the good in everyone. Whenever they found Lamont on the side of the road, they stopped their car and saw him laying down with no expression on his face. Once they approached him, he got up and had the scariest look in his eyes. At the time, he ran from his people home and they really didn't seem to search for him like that."

"Did they mistreat him?" Constance asked.

"Yeah, I think they did. He already had his issues but they had to add on to it. I don't know if they abused him but they didn't seem to care about him getting adopted by our parents." I answered. "But Lamont didn't react right away, I don't know why he agreed maybe he saw the good in them because he came home that day."

Constance laid beside me as she gave me her undivided attention.

"Uh.. first they called the police to let them know. It was a long process that went down. Had to call multiple orphanages, adoption places and more just to get a answer how to get the rights. Whenever he finally showed up, he went crazy. It was unexpected, and out of nowhere. He got battling things in his head, he was guilty, angry and sad about his his parents died that it hurt him inside. Then to include his people not caring was sad."

I was starting to get emotional explaining the story, because it was like I can picture that day all over again. Not knowing what was wrong with him, and getting scared. I felt like he was abused from his family's people which also caused him to go crazy. Yeah, he dealt with his parents' death hard but that had to be added with it all.